• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

R12GS ESA rear shock replacement recommendations?

zweirad

Gonzo Geezer
Hello Friends,

The ESA rear shock on my '09 R12GS has sprung a leak, dribbling oil on the garage floor. 60K miles. Looks like my options are OEM (not), Works, Wilbur, or ?ûhlin. I'm looking for opinions from the cognoscenti on what makes the most sense from a mostly cost perspective. I expect to be riding this beast for another year, probably two. Hell, I'm retired, more likely three, then right on to the Hoveround.

I suppose a used unit is an option as well....any carcasses out there getting dismembered?

What say ye?

Thanks, Stay Safe.

Last edited:
By any chance is it still in warranty? Warranty will not cover a worn shock, but will cover a shock that's leaking oil.

Thanks, all. My Type A personality demanded action. After review and follow-up on suggestions here, elsewhere, and from my dealer (Hermy's) I ordered a new Hyperpro.

Thanks again.

Thanks, all. My Type A personality demanded action. After review and follow-up on suggestions here, elsewhere, and from my dealer (Hermy's) I ordered a new Hyperpro.

Thanks again.

Is the hyperpro ESA compatible or just normal shocks?

Back