• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Schuberth C-3: Nice Lid!

jaxthedog

jaxthedog
Fate winked his or her eye and I stumbled across a Schuberth C-3 (convertible) helmet at a discounted price the other day while visiting a way-out-of-my-town dealership. I blinked first and ended up having the thing shipped to me. Good choice. This lid is very nicely engineered and seems to fit my melon well.

A little product review is posted at: http://thechurchoftheopenroad.blogspot.com/2013/01/schuberth-c-3-helmet-nice-lid.html

It is nice to find a good product, well engineered, that really seems to enhance the riding experience. My first impressions indicate that this puppy is a keeper. But it IS pricy...

Nice write-up on your new C3. You will probably find that it takes a few days/weeks for the helmet to break-in properly, and wonder if you made the right decision to spend the money on it. You will probably notice the "Mark of Schuberth" on your forehead. Lots of thoughts around various threads about how to fix that problem.

I love my C3 Hi-Vis now, and how quiet it is. The Pinlock system works very well in cold weather, and the helmet is quite comfortable in very hot conditions. Combined with my custom earplug speakers it makes for a nice ride anytime.

C3 PRO ie NEW SRC system

Just read where the C3's PRO SRC system will be completely new and NOT backward compatible with the C3 SRC system that I just bought!

I'd like to hear your head measurement & the size of C-3 that you bought? You might mention other variables like general hair length(if your bald/ing-:laugh) at least anything that helps in sizing,thanks!

Preview from webBikeWorld.com thanks to today's Bench Racing and the Morning Reads.

On compatibility:
"The SRCS from the standard C3 will fit into the C3 Pro and will function normally, but since it does not plug into the helmet's antenna, it will not offer the improved reception that can be expected from the new SRCS C3 Pro.

The SRCS C3 PRO does not offer backward compatibility to the C3. While it will physically fit, there is no internal antenna, so Bluetooth connectivity and radio reception are not possible."

So the standard SRCS would work in the new Pro helmet just as well as it does in the standard C3 helmet (but no better). You can upgrade to C3 Pro helmet and use the standard SRCS from your current standard C3 without a problem. As best I can tell, the "not compatible" is strictly a matter of the physical antenna connections, and I would not expect any communication problems between the Pro and standard units.

Back