• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

How to clean a windshield

I have a stock windshield in need of a good cleaning. What do use to get the grime off of it without scratching it? Thanks.

Plexus makes good plastic polish products. I use a product called Dry Wash/n Guard. Waterless wash & Glaze. It works well on all surfaces. Glass,plastic,paint,chrome,vinyl , leather, rubber....... DO NOT USE ON SEAT,PEGS OR GRIPS!!

That is what I use but a friend swears by Lemon Pledge since is is easier to find and much cheaper. I bought his 5 year old scooter and the windshield looked new. He says only Lemon Pledge works (and he uses it on the other plastic).
I'll ad this caution : as Pledge has silicone there are some of us that don't want silicone around their painted surfaces so beware of overspray with Pledge. I keep an asst. of AB polishing compounds around & any of the finer polished work fine with a WS for buffing. I use the same pad as for final paint buff jobs.
You can also use micro wet papers-like 1,000-2,000 grits to remove deep scratches if your willing to work through all the steps toward a final polish.

I'll ad this caution : as Pledge has silicone there are some of us that don't want silicone around their painted surfaces so beware of overspray with Pledge. I keep an asst. of AB polishing compounds around & any of the finer polished work fine with a WS for buffing. I use the same pad as for final paint buff jobs.
You can also use micro wet papers-like 1,000-2,000 grits to remove deep scratches if your willing to work through all the steps toward a final polish.

No overspray, the Pledge is sprayed on the cloth, then the windshield is wiped.

Back