• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Track Day Camping

LORAZEPAM

leave my monkey alone
After shameless begging and talking to several different people, I have been unable to get onsite camping made available for those who want to do the track day.
I am now in negotiations with another campground that is within 10 miles of Mid Ohio to see if I can secure a special rate for Wednesday night.

So those who wish to camp prior to the Track day, and those who want to stay near The rally, (about an hour away) can have a place to pitch their tents Wednesday.

update for camping

OK, here is the scoop on camping for those who want to camp near the track for the track day, and for those coming in to the rally from the east.

I got a special group rate from Yogi Bear's Jellystone park.
The address is :
6500 Black Rd
Belleville, OH 44183
Phone 419-886-2267

I told them there would be upwards of 70 people coming from the BMWMOA and we would be staying Wednesday night. they have promised to rope off a special area for MOA members and charge a special rate of 7.00 per rider.

Normally a night of camping is 25.00.

If possible, please let me know how many will be interested in staying there so I an confirm to them we will have a good group and can really secure this special rate.

Let me know if you need directions and I will supply them.

lorazepam said:
OK, here is the scoop on camping for those who want to camp near the track for the track day, and for those coming in to the rally from the east.

I got a special group rate from Yogi Bear's Jellystone park.
The address is :
6500 Black Rd
Belleville, OH 44183
Phone 419-886-2267

I told them there would be upwards of 70 people coming from the BMWMOA and we would be staying Wednesday night. they have promised to rope off a special area for MOA members and charge a special rate of 7.00 per rider.

Normally a night of camping is 25.00.

If possible, please let me know how many will be interested in staying there so I an confirm to them we will have a good group and can really secure this special rate.

Let me know if you need directions and I will supply them.

We'll be there with our Toy Hauler and R1100S.

I'm in. One person, RT and tent. See you there. Thanks for setting this up.

Mark

I checked with the Sportbike track time and she said that we should go in at gate #3 (registration gate) and then she should be set up in front of garage #7. I can't wait.

I'm in

I'll be camping the night before the track day. I plan to be in the area by ~1800.

See you then--

kix

Camping

Seems pretty sad that MOA did not negotiate an eraly bird rate for those of us wanting to come in early to participate in the ERC or other activities that are part of the rally on Tuesday or Wednesday. But then they picked Lima (I am from Ohio so I think I can say this).
Count me in and maybe my brother. Will let you know but it will be fun having a smaller group prior to the big one.

Tom Hughes

Unregistered said:
Seems pretty sad that MOA did not negotiate an eraly bird rate for those of us wanting to come in early to participate in the ERC or other activities that are part of the rally on Tuesday or Wednesday.

As I remember last year some folks needed to be there first thing Thurs for the ERC and were told if they wanted to camp Wed nite they had to volunteer. Maybe the rally should officially start after dinner the night before and not first thing in the AM. I know I wasn't turned away Wed nite in Trenton, ON when I arrived after dark looking for a place to camp. Guess that was just Canadian hospitality.

Made reservations yesterday at the campgrounds. For a full hook up pull through it is $33. We will be there around 6pm. We will be in a Thor Toy Hauler with a green Silverado pulling. See you all there.

Camping at Rally Site

It looks like the plans have changed and I will now be camping at the rally site on Wed. night and heading to Mid-Ohio early Thursday morning.

Anyone else doing the same?

Alternative Option for Camping Near Mid-Ohio

I was at mid-ohio last weekend for vintage bikes, and remembered there is a small campground at the Clear Fork Resevoir marina on State Route 97 only 1 mile away(or less) from the track. Here is their info:

Clear Fork Reservoir
Rt. #8, 2678 Gass Road
Mansfield, Ohio 44904
Phone: 419-884-1408
E-mail: garyjohnson@ci.mansfield.oh.us

ScarGS said:
I was at mid-ohio last weekend for vintage bikes, and remembered there is a small campground at the Clear Fork Resevoir marina on State Route 97 only 1 mile away(or less) from the track. Here is their info:

Clear Fork Reservoir
Rt. #8, 2678 Gass Road
Mansfield, Ohio 44904
Phone: 419-884-1408
E-mail: garyjohnson@ci.mansfield.oh.us

I tried to get a group rate with them, and they told me they dont have the space for a large group to camp. If you can get in that is a good thing, but They told me they couldnt accomodate more than 10 tents.

I called Mid Ohio to see if they would have camping there. The sales person quoted me $50 but could not tell where the site was until I got there. I asked anything on pavement is good as long it's not out in the field when you come in. She said she couldn't promise that it wouldn't be out there. They expect the Super Bike teams on Thursday so they weren't sure where we could camp. We are still planning on staying at the Yogi Bear campground on Wed. $33 for a full hookup vs. $50 primative.

ebuelsing said:
I called Mid Ohio to see if they would have camping there. The sales person quoted me $50 but could not tell where the site was until I got there. I asked anything on pavement is good as long it's not out in the field when you come in. She said she couldn't promise that it wouldn't be out there. They expect the Super Bike teams on Thursday so they weren't sure where we could camp. We are still planning on staying at the Yogi Bear campground on Wed. $33 for a full hookup vs. $50 primative.

I tried to get camping for everyone at Mid Ohio, but they said you had to buy the pass for both weekends to be able to camp there. Guess it is all about the money.

Back