• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

05-up R1200RT-P seat mounting

roadstar

I purchased the fill in seat section off an 06 RT-P & i`m trying to figure out where the back mount slide pin bolts too. I`m fitting this onto my 2010 R1200RT non P & noticed also that the shock adjuster knob seems to be in the way also. Does anyone have a good pic of the mounting of this setup . I`m going this route , so i can run a fuel cell where the back seat would go & the filler is just perfect.

I also noticed on the bottom front of the fill in section , that it has a spring clip setup that slips onto something below the riders seat (need pics of that also. This way i can order the parts from Bobs BMW.

Thanks

I purchased the fill in seat section off an 06 RT-P & i`m trying to figure out where the back mount slide pin bolts too. I`m fitting this onto my 2010 R1200RT non P & noticed also that the shock adjuster knob seems to be in the way also. Does anyone have a good pic of the mounting of this setup . I`m going this route , so i can run a fuel cell where the back seat would go & the filler is just perfect.

Hi, I have an 06 RTP but am a little vague on exactly what you are looking for. The P uses a the normal front seat then has two blocks (filler pieces at the rear of the seat) that slide sideways to gain access for seat removal and under seat service. Each of these two seat block halves slide together and hit you in the tail-bone while sitting on the seat.........are these blocks what you are addressing??
Bob

Hi, I have an 06 RTP but am a little vague on exactly what you are looking for. The P uses a the normal front seat then has two blocks (filler pieces at the rear of the seat) that slide sideways to gain access for seat removal and under seat service. Each of these two seat block halves slide together and hit you in the tail-bone while sitting on the seat.........are these blocks what you are addressing??
Bob

Thats for the reply , one member from another forum sent me a bunch of pics that were very helpfull & in the spring (after i recoupe) & will install them (modified a little) with the cell i`m picking up.

Back