I also painted the horizontal stripes on the chrome side covers. I tried the Monza Blue paint from Glausrit but I didn't like how that looked. So, I tried some Dupli-Color rattle can paint and they look better. I may try to paint the side covers yet again as I'm not sure to best handle the curved edges. But they look pretty nice.
Here are a couple of pictures from the write-ups.
Here are a couple pictures.
First Attempt at Masking the Side Cover
First Attempt Painting Side Cover Stripes: Ragged Edges and Easy to Peel the Paint
Second Attempt with Dupli-Color Paint: Two Candidates to Choose From
Second Attempt at Masking with 1/4 Inch Pinstripe Tape Over Dividers
Final Side Cover Stripes