Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2013 Salem 1000

The Iron Butt Pizza Dinner where we welcomed riders who had done Saddle Sores and more on their way to Salem, Oregon.

Lord Kneeebone presided over all!

http://vonig.smugmug.com/Motorcycles...3042&k=k4CJbgh

Voni
    sMiling
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves/
    Live fully. Laugh deeply. Love widely.
    BMW MOA Ambassador / FOM / Roving Forum Moderator/
    Selected Friends of Wile E Coyote/ A Million BMW sMiles

Rocky Bow BMW Riders #197 bogthebasher's Avatar

What a great time!

Rode from Calgary AB to Moab and rested overnight. Decided to start at 13:00 MT. The route had less interstate than I counted on and got caught in a large lightening and thunder storm while negotiating Soldiers Pass, then rush hour(s) in Salt Lake and stopping at midnight in Baker City OR for 3 hours of sleep. Arrived in Salem to stop the clock at 11:00 PT.

But the real highlight was the pizza party on Friday. What a welcoming group - can't say enough about how great you all are. Thanks to Michael Kneebone for answering all my newbie questions and for making the Event something I will remember always.
    Ken
    [2008 R1200RT (Biarritz Blue) - Mine]
    [2007 R1200RT (Sand Biege) - Hers]

Good going Montauk!! That was the hardest IBA ride you will ever do. Next one will be twice as easy for you because you know what to expect.

I did a BBG last summer, and I have to say it was much easier than my first SS. I also find that planning your ride so that the sun is coming up toward the end of the ride really gives
    you a shot of energy with which to continue!

Welcome to the addiction.....have you already thought about your next one? lol

Ken
    IBA #44567 Pres. Springfield BMW Roadriders
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    -Albert Eienstein

2013 moa ss1000

I did the SS1000 from Sheridan to Salem. I got my Cert. at the pizza party. Were we supposed to get a special Salem SS1000 sticker, Salem SS1000patch and Salem SS1000pin? I thought I paid for them, may be wrong. I just curious. It was a GREAT ride, rally.

Quote Originally Posted by 1der View Post
    I did the SS1000 from Sheridan to Salem. I got my Cert. at the pizza party. Were we supposed to get a special Salem SS1000 sticker, Salem SS1000patch and Salem SS1000pin? I thought I paid for them, may be wrong. I just curious. It was a GREAT ride, rally.
    Well????

Quote from last years Salem SS1000.

Finishers of either the ride in or Fire and Ice 1000 will receive a distinctive IBA Salem 1000 certification, SaddleSore 1000 ride pin, special Salem 1000 sticker and IBA World's Toughest Plate back along with memebership in the IBA. And in what we hope will be the first of many such events, an IBA-MOA Pizza Party Awards Ceremony for Salem 1000 finishers will be held at the Rally too! The fee is $60.

Never did get the SPECIAL sticker.