Thread: CUBA Tour

Fear is the Mind Killer modarin9's Avatar

Cool CUBA Tour

Going to Cuba in February 2013 with MotoDiscovery and Chris Baker! Has anyone gone or is going? Any tips for gear, off bike wear, etc.

Cuba si?

I'm thinking of doing a Cuba tour with Motodiscovery. Did you do your planned tour? If so, any thoughts, recommendations, warnings, etc.?

Does it include BMW motorcycles as your rentals?
    "Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves." Bruce Lee
    2005 R1200RT 2001 F650GS

Quote Originally Posted by rangerreece View Post
    Does it include BMW motorcycles as your rentals?
    Never mind suzukie and Harley's done did looked it up.
    "Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves." Bruce Lee
    2005 R1200RT 2001 F650GS

I would just bone up on my Espaņol and bring lots of money. Take pictures, and for god's sake smoke a cigar!
    2005 R1200RT 2001 F650GS

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 196168 View Post
    I'm thinking of doing a Cuba tour with Motodiscovery. Did you do your planned tour? If so, any thoughts, recommendations, warnings, etc.?
    For what it's worth, this is an older thread and it doesn't look like the original poster has been on in a while.......
    It doesn't mean it won't spark some more interest. I would like to see all those Chebby's cobbled together.
    OM
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    For what it's worth, this is an older thread and it doesn't look like the original poster has been on in a while.......
    It doesn't mean it won't spark some more interest. I would like to see all those Chebby's cobbled together.
    OM
    Probably.

But I just noticed, "Fear is the mind killer." for the record I used that Frank Herbert's "Dune" quote today in reference to riding motorcycles... How ironic.
    2005 R1200RT 2001 F650GS

I have been to Cuba two times. It is a wonderful country. The people are Friendly and helpful. The roads on the other hand are terrible! Food leaves a a lot to be desired also. You will love it if you have an open mind. Learn a little Salsa before you go!
    Martin. BMW MOA Ambassador.17748
    BMW MOA Charter, Life member.
    Valley BMW Riders. British Columbia.

Learn a little salsa!

Had a student in my training class that took his sailboat to Cuba. He established a strong relationship while there. I decided to ask "what attracted him to Cuba?" He responded, "have you ever seen a Cuban woman dance?" Yes, learn a little salsa!

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

If you get to Trinidad (the city) They have dances in the streets. The dancing is out of this world.
    Martin. BMW MOA Ambassador.17748
    BMW MOA Charter, Life member.
    Valley BMW Riders. British Columbia.