• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Llano Texas????

jacko

"Jack"
Was thumbing through next summers club rally listings and was wondering about the Llano Texas group. Seemed to be a question last year if it would be held again. I sure enjoyed the group and the location. Any word or am I just to early in the year to be looking.

The rally held at Llano the past couple of years was the "Texas National Rally". This is a rally which has historically been hosted by various/several of the Texas chartered clubs on a rotating basis. It was hosted at Llano by the San Antonio BMW Riders. It is now another club's turn to host the "Texas National" for a year or two.

I am not sure which club may have picked up the ball for this year. I heard second hand from somebody who knew somebody who heard that it was one of the Dallas - Ft. Worth area clubs but that is purely a rumor as far as my meager knowledge goes.

Stay tuned - maybe somebody in the know will pipe in, but I don't expect a Llano rally in 2013.

Thanks for your thoughts Paul. Guess we start praying that someone does it this year. It's one of my favorite locations and the fireman's Saturday night feast is great.

Wake up Texans. Don't drop Llano

sORRY ABOUT THE YELLING

We ( San Antonio Riders) hosted the Llano rally the last three years. Historically, each Texas club takes it for a few years, Houston preceded us for several years even though they have a fantastic Fall yearly rally they do as well.

I talked to the other clubs in my role as president while at other events and said it was one of their turn to take charge...no one has stepped up at this time as far as I know.

We as a club had thrown around the idea to keep it for at least another year, or as a yearly club event. That decision was made after the last rally to move on for now. The reason I will try to keep brief here.

While Llano is a fantastic location, the relationship with the city leadership seemed to fizzle sadly. We had a few issues we adressed during the rally with a few senior leaders...only to have a police officer arrive during our Saturday evening closing ceremonies. He told us to get all the bikes off the gravel trails and grassy camping areas as it was against city ordinance..a suddenly important issue after two and 2/3 non issue years. It came across as a retaliation for complaining about minor issues we felt important. The local Fire Dept loved us as we were big customers at their annual benefit dinner we scheduled around up the road from the park.

Hopefully it will come together, maybe even back in the area. The club had a meeting yesterday and the rally was discussed...but we were not going to be able to do it this year.

Llano is one of the areas gems...great folks, scenery and riding ...wish it would have ended better.

Thanks Steve for taking the time to explain. I had that funny feeling last year when the local police paid us a visit that it might be the beginning of the end for that location. The dollar a night for camping was a good deal with some security just up the hill. I used that location as a base camp for sight seeing the hill country a lot.

I would also like to voice my thanks for the reply. I had Llano listed on my calendar and have spent a couple of days trying, unsuccessfully, to verify the Rally. At least my search is at an end. Thanks and see you down the road.

Back