Happy New Year to each and everyone of you! May this year bring you much success and joy.
I am planning my farkle purchase for my 2008 R1200RT, and I am asking for all advice on installation etc.
Any photos you have of your installation would be very helpful too.
I will start with my list, then ask my questions. Thanks in advance for your help and advice.
604 258 8548
Gusset Accessory arm (for Spot?)
Adjustable Tilt Mount Bracket (I assume I need this to mount the touratech mount to)
Zumo 660 sun visor
TOURATECH Zumo 660 / 665 handlebar mount V2.0, Locking, Black
the new - Spot Satellite GPS Messenger
Garmin Zumo 660LM
And please note that I have, virtually, ZERO installation experience & knowledge with everything regarding a motorcycle.
1. Are there any rubber mounts or vibration installation devices required? If so, what and where to do I get them?
2. I understand there may be a free connector for power for the Garmin Zumo available under the dash near the headlights?
2 (a) Is this so?
2 (b) If so, what part do I need to get from BMW?
2 (c) AND will it then connect directly or do I need to order additional electrical wiring (etc)?
2 (d) If I need additional electrical stuff, can you please be specific?
3. Current thinking is that it would be good to mount the SPOT device on the Gusset Accessory Arm. What are your thoughts? How would I mount (any suggestions)?
4. Do you know if the Sun Visor will work with the Touratech mount?
5. Do I need the bmr tilt mount to attach the Touratech mount onto it?
6. Have I missed anything?
Thanks in advance for your help, recommendations and directions.