Thread: Back in the saddle again.....

Back in the saddle again.....

About 6 weeks ago I ended up in the hospital and had 3 stints as well as a pacemaker installed in this old carcass. I was unable to ride for 6 weeks as I was not allowed to lift or pull more than 15lbs with the left arm. Yesterday I took Sgt Shultz out for a nice 200 mile ride. I used the fact that I had just painted the rocker boxes crackle red as a cause for celebration. Once again, the good Sargent reminded me why I have been riding BMW's all these years. 81,000 miles, burns no oil, clutch solid, stable as a rock at speed and doesn't gasp and wheeze (SP?) when I get to the twisties. Now if I can only get my lower back to calm down, I can begin to burn the miles in earnest.

Best,

Will

Welcome to the pacemaker club...glad you are back at it....ride safe.
    MOA #46783
    2015 R1200RT - 2013 V-Strom

Good to hear you are back enjoying the ride...and talking about it.

gotta ask was it you or the bike gasping or wheezing in the twisties

Sorry...couldn't miss that pitch
    Steve Henson
    SABMWRA MOA Club#62's Flat Fixer/ current forum moderator
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar

OM
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

It would be nice if you went to Campfire and posted how you set your mind to overcome your challenges. I have a post there that seems to be a bit sideways to my original intent which was to tell stories of overcoming challenge so you can get back or stay in the saddle.

Good for you that you faced this, didn't let it defeat you but please, tell the story of how you did defeat it.
    1997 R1100RT (Restored Basket Case) , 1981 KZ 440 LTD (Restored Basket Case)
    1986 K75S(the beutch), 1993 K1100RS (blown engine), 1997 Chev Short Box (4x4 with an LT1)
    "You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him."

Thanks to all

For your words of encouragement. I will be begining a thread in the Campfire Section.

Best,

Will