• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Rare Color

EMSimon

No longer a member here
One of our (different motorcycle-) club members had a picture published in the last issue of Motorcycle Classics.
It is of a R27 he owned in the U.K. in the 60s. it was silver in color and the tank looks like it has chromed sides.
Anybody seen one of that color? He said he was told it was built especially for the wife of the chairman of the BMW owners club in the U.K. around 1959.

Interesting! That looks exactly like the tank on the bike in the magazine picture. Wonder whether this here is silver or white? Can't really tell.

Google "bmw parade tanks" without the quotes and then click on Images. Quite a few tanks show up.

Chrome Parade tanks

I've never seen one, although I think Vech might have one in his museum.

I do have one. For an R26/R27. Chrome, with "dover white" or Bavarian Creme or whatever you like to call the color.
It is New Old Stock, was never mounted on a bike, until I installed it on my 1956 R26.

Trenton Rally

Here is a picture of a R26 in Dover White with the Parade Tank owned by a Mr. Mackenzie a Scottish fellow.

Attachments

• DSC01299.jpg
    DSC01299.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 54
Back