• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Best Day to Go to the Show inNYC

Roadkill601

After reading a couple threads about the MC show in NYC... and having not attended this event in the past... Wondering what is the best day..

Sounds like Sat Sun are crazy busy....

So maybe friday...

Wife wants a New Helmet...and Maybe I will get a back rest for the K1600...

Can you actually get this done on the weekend... Or Huge Lines???

Thanks for any advice..

I've gone on Sunday the past three years. Although it is busy and a lot of people attend, I have really never had an issue with purchasing too much stuff there!

Best show day

I have worked the show for many years for MOA, MSF, various motorcycle safety schools and the Colors in the Catskills booths.

Crowds are different every day. Friday is busy around lunch time and after work with the business man crowd and the riders who feel the need to see and sit on every bike "first". Saturday is busy from before the opening to closing time with the entire spectrum of riders from "noobies" to guys wearing "colors". If the weather is nice the place will be mobbed. For God's sake, don't bring little kids in strollers! Sunday morning is usually quieter with bargain hunters looking for good buys. Gets slower mid day and then by dark it starts to pick up with lots of local NYC clubs wearing their own "bullet proof vest style" colors looking for the latest in cheap beanie helmets and neon kits for the straight line fast bikes.

Choose your poison.

Friedle
look for me this year at the Tramas Motorcycle School booth

friday best day

Roadkill; The best day is friday, the weekends are crazy and if you are going shopping, get there friday. I bought my helmet and riding jacket there last year and saved about $175 on the shoei helmet and $50 on the jacket from the best I could find on the internet. All the mfg, helmets will be there and you can try every kind for the best fit and cost. Next time I need to buy a helmet, the MC show is the only way to go. Good luck.

I have worked the show for many years for MOA, MSF, various motorcycle safety schools and the Colors in the Catskills booths.

Crowds are different every day. Friday is busy around lunch time and after work with the business man crowd and the riders who feel the need to see and sit on every bike "first". Saturday is busy from before the opening to closing time with the entire spectrum of riders from "noobies" to guys wearing "colors". If the weather is nice the place will be mobbed. For God's sake, don't bring little kids in strollers! Sunday morning is usually quieter with bargain hunters looking for good buys. Gets slower mid day and then by dark it starts to pick up with lots of local NYC clubs wearing their own "bullet proof vest style" colors looking for the latest in cheap beanie helmets and neon kits for the straight line fast bikes.

Choose your poison.

Friedle
look for me this year at the Tramas Motorcycle School booth

What he said! Need to talk to you there Michael about the fall!

Back