• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Any one that hold a faa cetrtificate

donbmw

Some of you may know about this. If you still have a paper FAA CERTIFICATE it will be expired as of March 13 2013. You will need to replace it with the plastic certificate before March 13 2013.

Don

Yep...

and you also need to use MedXpress before you get another flight physical....

Some of you may know about this. If you still have a paper FAA CERTIFICATE it will be expired as of March 13 2013. You will need to replace it with the plastic certificate before March 13 2013.

Don
It's my understanding a pilots license never really expires.

Thanks, I looked this up and read what you are talking about. I got the form all filled out and ready to mail, $2 I guess is fair in todays economy!

I was planning on just going up, my wife and i and an instructor, nothing really formal like a BFR. I haven't been up in several/many years (early 90s), and my wife would actually like to see me get back in to flying, so I suggested this as an alternative to actually getting a physical and BFR, just to try it out again.
Then my wife needed some surgery done which I think will push as back until spring, no big deal.
But I am going to go ahead and get the plastic license so I don't have that hudle to cross later on. I also read about that medx card or whatever that is called.

Gilly

It's my understanding a pilots license never really expires.

The back in 2009 the FAA required any one that had a paper certificate needed to replace it with the new plastic certificate by March of 2011 to be able to continue using your flying prevlages. And mechanic by March 2013

The back in 2009 the FAA required any one that had a paper certificate needed to replace it with the new plastic certificate by March of 2011 to be able to continue using your flying prevlages. And mechanic by March 2013

What's the problem w/paper? Too hard to ID the body?? LOL

Back