• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Trip Meter vs. Fuel Info R1200R

cmunger

R1200R: Ok, changed out the battery and was reseting the clock. Somehow managed to use a combination of pressing the top and bottom button, incorrectly, w/o rereading the manual of course, and got the end result of having the trip/odometer readings now being shown by pressing the info button on the left handlebar and the fuel usage/etc. info being accessed by pressing the trip odometer button on the face of the clock. I've tried to reset it but got nothing. Of course you can't duplicate random acts of stupid...so, anybody got any ideas how to change it back to correct, so it shows the trip info by pushing the button on the clock and the info info by pressing the info button? Thanks, and yeah, I know how stupid that seems. Thanks again.:banghead

Instrument hardware was one of many changes on the 2011+ models. Not sure what model year you have, but were this to occur on my '09, I'd disconnect the battery again, count to 10, and hope the settings reset.

Trip vs. Fuel Info.

:banghead 2007 R1200R: Ok, disconnected the battery thinking computer might reset but it didn't happen. Same result, info button changing the trip odometers and the clock dials changing the fuel info.

Back