• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New Flea Market

jimwexler

Who in their right mind decided upon these changes?
Why take a really good section of a website and absolutely ruin it?

Happy New Year, please don't mess with that, I'm still enjoying it for the moment.

There's a thread that explains the coming changes. The Flea Market is only in a temporary location and status. A new Flea Market is coming in about a month.

No good deed goes unpunished? The guys behind the scenes are working their butts off to deal with a serious forum issue, and were kind enough to put together a temporary flea market for all of us. (I actually like it better...) To them I say THANK YOU!

My only complaint is lack of themes to choose from. I don't care for the default theme. Other than that, it all works, so it's good.

Happy New Year, please don't mess with that, I'm still enjoying it for the moment.

Geez, don't tell the guys at ADVRider that this style doesn't work, they'll be devastated!
Bet you're one of those guys that decried the use of electric starters when the /5 series debuted..... :stick

Terrible flea Market, thank heavan for competition clubs

Boy, get your acts together, non of that BS about "vulnerability"

In the short time the new Flea Market has been up, 146 ads have been posted. Seems like someone likes the new setup.

In the short time the new Flea Market has been up, 146 ads have been posted. Seems like someone likes the new setup.

Doesn't necessarily mean they like it or don't like it. Maybe they're just trying to sell stuff.

Last edited:
Boy, get your acts together, non of that BS about "vulnerability"

Nice to see folks read all the reasons and future plans in the various threads listed prior here. I don't think MOA is in competition with anyone:scratch

The current Flea Market is an attempt to move forward...I know it's winter guys. but GEEZ:banghead

Doesn't necessarily mean they like it or don't like it. Maybe they're just trying to sell stuff.

+1, Gunny; hopefully will be returning to the old style BMWMOA Forum Flea Market real soon, this new format is like washing your feet with your socks on!

Is there a way to search for ads for specific model types in the Flea Market: i.e. Airheads, Oilers, Hexheads, etc?

Is there a way to search for ads for specific model types in the Flea Market: i.e. Airheads, Oilers, Hexheads, etc?

Given that the current in-forum Flea Market, the only search capability is through the standard forum tools. But then, you rely on the poster to include those kinds of words in the post so that your search might bring them up. At present, there just isn't a good way to having those kinds of tags associated with each ad. I'm guessing the old Flea Market had that set up but not the interm arrangement.

If you click on the Advanced Search link just under the search box (upper right corner), and then select the Search Single Content Type tab (which isn't the default even though it's the left-most tab), then you can enter your search Keywords and select Flea Market in the Search In Forums box under Additional Options.

Couldn't be easier, right? :)

Thanks Darryl. I like to keep an eye on ST prices....:D Even though there's nothing I could replace mine with. :D

Back