• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

It's clean. Winter can end any time now.

glenfiddich

TravelsWithBarley.com
After a month of weekends and a few weekday evenings the GSA sidecar rig is clean, the wiring inspected and in some cases rerouted or protected by wire loom, the Krista lights installed where the OEM fogs used to be, a new tire on the rear, and a tool tube installed inboard of the right pannier. The sidecar has been cleaned of a year's worth of road grime, the finish polished then five coats of carnauba wax applied (during riding season all it gets is an occasional hosing to get the clumps of mud off). Next weekend I'll start installing Barley's new ragtop. After that I'll tear down the GS and clean, inspect and wax it. When that one is back together there are boxes of maps to pour over, dreams of next year's rides to ponder.

With luck, winter will end before I run out of things to do.

Pete

What is this clean stuff? My Ural looks like it just came from a pigsty. I spray the rig with Boeshield and ride. It looks terrible but under the Boeshield is a clean bike waiting to come out when the weather gets nice.
:buds

What is this clean stuff? My Ural looks like it just came from a pigsty. I spray the rig with Boeshield and ride. It looks terrible but under the Boeshield is a clean bike waiting to come out when the weather gets nice.
:buds

NW PA is the Deep South. Up here the road salt is simply brutal, and the tourists with their all season radials are deadly.

Besides, this is the only time of year I stop riding long enough to clean, inspect, install farkles and ponder next year's adventures. :thumb

Sorry. Useless w/o pictures... ;)

Rusty_HackService.jpg

What's "winter" ?

:nyah

Winter is the season we rely on to keep all the riff raff out, kill all bugs, and provide opportunities for sports other than those we enjoy other times of the year. People who live in places where the weather rarely changes are really missing out.

It looks like this:
WhereIsBall.jpg

4b30b449.jpg

7ac6e177.jpg

b0fdc68f.jpg

Back