• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2010 RT1200 Service Jan 2013 computer message

B

bwest5

Hello,

Last summer I had the 12,000 mile service completed on my RT. - 11,879 actual miles. Today I have 15,500 miles on my RT and upon start up the computer indicates service in Jan 2013. Could this message stem from needing a 3000 mile oil change? If so, will the message clear after I change my oil?

Thanks for any guidance!!

The Service Reminder can only be reset by the dealer or you can do it yourself with a GS-911 tool. I thought when the shop does a service, they set the service reminder for 6,00 miles and 12 months, but maybe it's 6 months.
I have a GS-911 and can set my reminder for the mileage and time I want, within a certain limit.

Here's the link for a GS-911
http://www.hexcode.co.za/products/gs-911/

You can buy one here.
http://www.beemershop.com/

Or you could just ignore the message and ride on, until next time you visit the service department.

pete

It is annual or 6K. If you find it annoying, have it reset by dealer or GS-911. The wrong interval is their mistake and should be corrected no charge on request. The correct date is readily proven from their own computer system which will have stored your last service info.

As per my dealer, the service interval is every 10,000 kilometers (6213 miles). I was wondering, because my computer said I had so many miles left until my next service and I thought it was off, me thinking that it was every 6000 miles.

BMW motorcycles are precision machines and require exacting service intervals. 6,212 miles is OK :whistle, 6,214 is very bad :nono Much beyond that and you risk a visit from the MES (Maintenance Enforcement Squad) :eek

(I hate being pestered by relentless electronics. My car has one, too.)

pete

Back