• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

A lot of talent lost this past year-

I had no idea that Dick Clark had passed away...I figured they'd be rolling him out on TV tonight for New Year's Eve.

"A lot of talent" indeed, Omega Man. When I see those who-we-lost-this-year pieces on TV I wonder if there's anybody left at that level. You mentioned Dave Brubeck. I grew up with Brubeck's music from well before his iconic "Take Five". He was still performing recently, sometimes with his sons. If there is music in heaven, he's still jammin'. Time to dust off some of my CDs and go back in time. Kinda like riding an old BMW: it gets better with age.

Happy New Year all!
pete

I had no business being there, but once experienced a demonstration of Bang & Olufsen's $16K set of speakers. The demo piece was by Brubeck.

Loss of an entertainer is one thing, but loss of a doctor or a Schwarzkopf is entirely another. Even Zig Ziglar.

Loss of an entertainer is one thing, but loss of a doctor or a Schwarzkopf is entirely another. Even Zig Ziglar.

Each loss is its own tragedy... Just ask the family members.
I would no more put one death over another, than I would assign any order of importance (or lack of it) regarding each's contributions to society, or to the world at large.

Each loss is its own tragedy... Just ask the family members.
I would no more put one death over another, than I would assign any order of importance (or lack of it) regarding each's contributions to society, or to the world at large.

+1, There are a lot of unknown hero's in this world, Serving our country is admirable, and scientists and people in medicine essential, but like it or not Philanthropy is very prevalent in the entertainment business.

Back