• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

R100/7 Electrical starting issue - any advice?

[So there's lots of variables on battery life - charging system heath, type of driving, battery care, and probably even luck. Not all batteries are built the same.

You're best bet is to find a battery that fits, that you can afford, make sure your connections are clean, treat the battery right, and buy a battery tender (smart charger) to keep the battery topped off when not in use. It sounds like you won't be riding full time during the year...I see a battery tender in your future for sure![/QUOTE]

OK, if I would go with the traditional lead acid battery, what one would you recommend?

thanks,

JimmyLee

OK, if I would go with the traditional lead acid battery, what one would you recommend?

The last three batteries I've gotten from the dealer. Before that, I had a couple of Yuasa batteries...I forget the model right now. Basically it's the one that had 28AH. I believe Interstate Batteries has the same battery, just badged differently. IIRC, there are really only a couple of major battery manufacturers although there may be many more retail companies.

thanks,

JimmyLee

I got my last battery from here: http://www.staabbattery.com/product/Yuasa-Motorcycle-Battery/Yuasa-Y60-N24AL-B-Battery.html

It's a basic lead acid battery that I can recommend. If the charging system needs works, the basic lead acid battery can handle (temporary) over voltage without permanent damage - just remember to check the water level. A battery tender is necessary.

Back