• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Forum log on trouble ?

Favicon

I found out from a software guy that the favicon should be stored in one of the main folders for the website on the webserver. It will take someone with the "executive washroom key" to make the change.

My Solution

Was getting the same message and decided to install Sandboxie. Now I can get on without any warnings and not have to worry about any malicious software. Just my 2 cents and you know what that's worth.

I found out from a software guy that the favicon should be stored in one of the main folders for the website on the webserver. It will take someone with the "executive washroom key" to make the change.

Kurt - I tried your suggestion (or Gary's - losing track over who is suggesting what to me these days!) of accessing the Forum directly.

I did and no virus warnings from Kaspersky - the 'trojans' must lurk in the MOA server itself?

Problem is, I need the home page, flea market, etc. as well - so not out of the woods yet.

Good Luck.

Kurt - I tried your suggestion (or Gary's - losing track over who is suggesting what to me these days!) of accessing the Forum directly.

I did and no virus warnings from Kaspersky - the 'trojans' must lurk in the MOA server itself?

Problem is, I need the home page, flea market, etc. as well - so not out of the woods yet.

Good Luck.
OK Kevin, it's info like this that narrows down where to look for the problem. Chances are that the warning is "stuck" in Kaspersky's warning alert log and that threat has passed. The IT guys did a great job of clearing the warnings off the Google search engine, hopefully that's what we need to do here. Gary

The Flea Market is on the forum, so you don't need the Home Page for that. But if the Home Page has access info that you need, then that's an issue. We're still putting together a list of things that must be checked out.

Favicon is back

Thanks to Scott, the new logo favicon is back. You'll need to delete temporary internet files and cookies...that what I did this morning to bring it.

Well I am back on the forum again.

I waited several days for my computer to clear it's ugly head and after I received a couple of Air Head picture posts I logged back on and for the moment at least it seems to be working.:dance

Well I am back on the forum again.

I waited several days for my computer to clear it's ugly head and after I received a couple of Air Head picture posts I logged back on and for the moment at least it seems to be working.:dance

You had better luck than I.

When I log on directly to the Forum, NP. When I access the HOME page from there - virus warning!!!

You had better luck than I.

When I log on directly to the Forum, NP. When I access the HOME page from there - virus warning!!!
If I was closer, I'd come over and figure it out for you Kevin. We have been "clean" since the 21st of December. That was an older "holdover" message and not really relevant. No worries. OM

If I was closer, I'd come over and figure it out for you Kevin. We have been "clean" since the 21st of December. That was an older "holdover" message and not really relevant. No worries. OM

Take the highway - call me where you're close - will put the coffee on! :D

Thanks to Scott, the new logo favicon is back. You'll need to delete temporary internet files and cookies...that what I did this morning to bring it.

Dredging up an old thread... in case no one had noticed the logo favicon for the forum got lost, probably during the recent forum re-build. It is again showing the vbulletin icon.

The favicon issue is on the "list" of things to fix. Probably pretty low in priority, but it's on the list. Thanks...

Back