• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Forum log on trouble ?

Sadly, that did not work for me. Deleted the bookmarked link to BMW MOA - then shut the computer off. Turned it back on and when I bookmarked it fresh, got virus warnings. Still able to maneuver throughout the site, but will these glitches ever end?????????????????
We would like to get to the bottom of this.

I have two different virus protections, Norton and MacAfee , if they cannot get around this I think it's bigger than first imagined.
I personally am not familiar with running two protections at once. My experience was that the two "fought" with each other.

I am wondering if either of you can check your security logs and let me know (via private message) what the warned URL is? If you find it, you may have to copy it down on paper and type it in to the PM. You can add XXX to "break" the address code so it isn't harmful.. For example-
ttp://this XXX is the bad XXX url.com/php
From all that I see on my end, the site is clean. TIA, Gary

While you are waiting for logs and deep digging to find out what is up can you please take a few minutes to update the favicon for the forum. Pretty please. For some reason I find it annoying to see the vBulletin generic favicon instead of the MOA globe. Especially since the correct icon is on the non-forum pages.

FWIW for those still getting warnings... it may be your anti virus code that has cached the "this site is dangerous" value. Wouldn't be the first time that has happened.

can you please take a few minutes to update the favicon for the forum. Pretty please. For some reason I find it annoying to see the vBulletin generic favicon instead of the MOA globe. Especially since the correct icon is on the non-forum pages.

I hadn't noticed it changed. First I had to look up what a favicon is :) "Favorite Icon"

While you are waiting for logs and deep digging to find out what is up can you please take a few minutes to update the favicon for the forum. Pretty please. For some reason I find it annoying to see the vBulletin generic favicon instead of the MOA globe. Especially since the correct icon is on the non-forum pages.
Hi Marc, are you talking about the upper left hand corner of the page? Here is what I see.
forumlogo.gif

I'm working on the rebuild of another club (chartered) site and the new VB package had the generic VB in the "fresh" package- You should see the globe.

FWIW for those still getting warnings... it may be your anti virus code that has cached the "this site is dangerous" value. Wouldn't be the first time that has happened.
That's sorta what I have been getting at. There are a number of us watching this closely and the MOA site has been clean for some time.
Thanks, Gary

Gary -

Marc is referring to the icon in front of the URL in the address bar at the top of the screen. Right now it just shows a generic "V checkmark". Here's the favicon for Snowbum's website:

Attachments

• SnowbumFavicon.jpg
    SnowbumFavicon.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 50
I went to a website and created a favicon that could be used...probably someone like Scott will have to get it included.

Attachments

• NewMOAfavicon.jpg
    NewMOAfavicon.jpg
    606 bytes · Views: 53
We would like to get to the bottom of this.

I personally am not familiar with running two protections at once. My experience was that the two "fought" with each other.

I am wondering if either of you can check your security logs and let me know (via private message) what the warned URL is? If you find it, you may have to copy it down on paper and type it in to the PM. You can add XXX to "break" the address code so it isn't harmful.. For example-
ttp://this XXX is the bad XXX url.com/php
From all that I see on my end, the site is clean. TIA, Gary

Here is what appears when I first access the MOA site, and again when I have clicked on "LOG IN"

XXXC:\...\INTERNET EXPLORER\IEXPLORE.EXEXXX then in the next line, it states XXXhttp://www.fmld.at/_daten/api.js,XXX containing Trojan program!

Ignore the XXX's and you have the actual messages that Kaspersky Virus Protection alerts me to.

Hope this helps!

Kevin -

So you just click on Login and you see the messages? Which Login are you talking about? I have Google Chrome which I rarely use so when I go to the MOA forum with it, I appear as a guest with a Login button on the top right. If I click on that Login button, I don't see any unusual messages. That takes me to a screen that requires me to entry my username and password. There is another Login button on that screen. Which of the two buttons are you referring to?

This is the message i keep getting ;

REPORTED ATTACK PAGE !
This web page at www.bmwmoa.org has been reported as an attack page and has been blocked based on your security preferences.

Attack pages try to install programs that steal private information, use your computer to attack others, or damage your system.

Some attack pages intentionally distribute harmful software, but many are compromised without the knowledge or permission of their owners.

Two bold blocks appear ; GET ME OUT OF HERE !

and WHY WAS THIS PAGE BLOCKED ?

The first bold block message , get me out of here, takes me directly back to Firefox.

The second , why was this page blocked, goes on to tell me all sorts of stuff I do not understand.

At this point i think it is way beyond my pay grade to investigate .
Doug

This is the message i keep getting ;

REPORTED ATTACK PAGE !
This web page at www.bmwmoa.org has been reported as an attack page and has been blocked based on your security preferences.

Attack pages try to install programs that steal private information, use your computer to attack others, or damage your system.

Some attack pages intentionally distribute harmful software, but many are compromised without the knowledge or permission of their owners.

Two bold blocks appear ; GET ME OUT OF HERE !

and WHY WAS THIS PAGE BLOCKED ?

The first bold block message , get me out of here, takes me directly back to Firefox.

The second , why was this page blocked, goes on to tell me all sorts of stuff I do not understand.

At this point i think it is way beyond my pay grade to investigate .
Doug
Hi Doug, I just used your link with my AV program open and all is/was fine. Based of information I have received this morning, it's the Kaspersky program that is the common denominator.
I wonder what you are running for anti-virus Doug? Gary

Gary -

Marc is referring to the icon in front of the URL in the address bar at the top of the screen. Right now it just shows a generic "V checkmark". Here's the favicon for Snowbum's website:

It will also show in your Favorite List. If you have this site labeled as "MOA Forum", you can have a custom icon in front of MOA Forum.

I have no idea what a Kaspersky program is ??

I use a Norton anti virus and I think a Macafee

I take it you have Norton on one computer and McAfee on another computer???
As mentioned earlier, it does not work well to have two anti virus programs running on one computer.

Kevin -

So you just click on Login and you see the messages? Which Login are you talking about? I have Google Chrome which I rarely use so when I go to the MOA forum with it, I appear as a guest with a Login button on the top right. If I click on that Login button, I don't see any unusual messages. That takes me to a screen that requires me to entry my username and password. There is another Login button on that screen. Which of the two buttons are you referring to?

I have the BMW MOA saved as a 'favorite,' and when I click on that, it gives me the MOA home page, with the log-on in the upper left. However, immediately upon displaying the 'home page,' a virus warning apears, and then again when I get the 'sign in' page and hit 'log on' for a second time to access the Forum.

Sending you a PM.

Gary -

You guys already have the appropriate favicon.. it's the one used for the main (non-forum) site and looks like this:

favicon.JPG

I'm just asking that you use it for the forum pages, too. It probably means somehow telling vbulletin to not use it's built in favicon.

XXXhttp://www.fmld.at/_daten/api.js,XXX

That is obviously not a link to an MOA page. The question is from where is it coming? Instead of using your favorite, click on the address bar and type in www.bmwmoa.org <return> and see if you get the same warning. I'm wondering if your favorite got modified behind the scene as part of the original site problems. :dunno

You guys already have the appropriate favicon.. it's the one used for the main (non-forum) site and looks like this:

View attachment 36493

I'm just asking that you use it for the forum pages, too. It probably means somehow telling vbulletin to not use it's built in favicon.

I just noticed when I use Internet Explorer I have the Globe next to my bookmark/favorite and next to the MOA home page address.
When using Google Chrome, I only get the default VB favicon in both places.

It will also show in your Favorite List. If you have this site labeled as "MOA Forum", you can have a custom icon in front of MOA Forum.
It does show on my "bookmarked" (home page) where I start from, list but doesn't show here on the forum pages- I don't know why. I know it does change as when we in the worst of the Virus problems, it went red as a warning. It's not something that I am generally focused on. Gary

I take it you have Norton on one computer and McAfee on another computer???
As mentioned earlier, it does not work well to have two anti virus programs running on one computer.

I have no idea what a Kaspersky program is ??

I use a Norton anti virus and I think a Macafee

Kaspersky is a brand name like Norton and McAfee. Sometimes people will buy, say a Norton program, and have a free version of McAfee from their internet service provider- this sometimes has two programs bumping into each other. Gary

Back