• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Forum log on trouble ?

Just wondered if anyone else is having trouble getting on the forum or the web site ?

I keep getting a message that the forum is an attack or has been attacked and my computer blocks me most of the time.
Today it opened ok but for the last few weeks it's been a problem.

Doug

Hi Doug, this months Best of Forum should catch you up on current events here on the forum. OM

Thanks, I went there and was poking around it was going ok, then I moved to the Flea Market and got the same attack message ??

You will probably have to clear your history, cookies, and browser as the site is clean now- your compute has some bad info stored. OM

Not being very computer literate , do you mean i should defrag it ?

No, defragmenting a hard disk is different.

Your computer keeps a record of web pages you visit. When the computer returns to a previously-visited page, some or all of the information displayed is what was downloaded and displayed before. This information is stored as history and cookies in your browser.

You'll need to clear the cookies that your browser downloaded from the MOA webiste, as well as the browser's history. In the browser that you use, there's either a menu bar command or buttons to push in the preferences or settings screens, or some combination, to accomplish this.

Not being very computer literate , do you mean i should defrag it ?
David has it about right. I understand about the computer thing and there are so many ways to do it, I'm a little leery to give you instructions without knowing your computer, browser and set-up in general.
Perhaps you could ask around with some of the people you know and they could get you started-OR- you could Google "delete cookies on Internet Explorer" and take a peek (this is an example as you could be using IE or Firefox or Chrome.
When you do clear things up a side benefit will be your computer will most likely run faster. Good Luck. Gary

My cookies and history are sterile - still get the "Virus' warning every time I sign on.

Able to maneuver throughout the web site, but the warning persists!

I am running Firefox on Windows 7. I get a persistent warning every time I go to the site

Then I get this : http://www.stopbadware.org/firefox?...ww.bmwmoa.org/forum/search.php?searchid=14305

when I say it isn't an attack site.

Apparently, based on malware detected prior to 12/16/12 they continue to show the site as an attack site.

It appears they can be contacted to re-check the site but that hasn't happened.

Paul, using same and I was getting the same message...even after cleaning, deleting history, cookies and just about everything... still the same message...
Tonight I deleted my Bookmark as well... thus far I am typing the address in browser and do not get the message... I have done a restart and so far it working just fine... without a bookmark. Hope this works and hope this helps.

I am going to try deleting the book mark and then re set it later.

Thanks for the help folks, hope to see you later today.
Doug

It worked i guess, just re bookmarked the site and it came up fine let me log on and Bob's your Uncle :dance

Well I guess not, just as i posted the message and went to return to the forum I got blocked again.
I will try and find someone with more skill than me to get in to my computer.:scratch

I got a security warning when I tried to log on from my mother-in-law's laptop, a few days ago. I bypassed the warning and got in, but afterwards I was getting "site not found" flags, and I had to do a few end runs.

I've been dealing with the same virus warning. It's happens only when I access the BMW MOA home page. No alerts when clicking over to the forum.

I just cleared temp internet files, cookies, and browsing history. Also deleted bookmark. Just brought up the MOA home page and got the identical virus alert.

Seems like some residual issues are still hanging on with the fix. At least I can click on the virus alert to get rid of it and use the page.

BTW I use Kapersky.

I'm not very computer savy, but my gut tells me that the MOA site is infected and no matter what we poor infidels try we are under attack.
Me thinks that the mother ship needs to get into the problem and fix it.

Paul, using same and I was getting the same message...even after cleaning, deleting history, cookies and just about everything... still the same message...
Tonight I deleted my Bookmark as well... thus far I am typing the address in browser and do not get the message... I have done a restart and so far it working just fine... without a bookmark. Hope this works and hope this helps.

Sadly, that did not work for me. Deleted the bookmarked link to BMW MOA - then shut the computer off. Turned it back on and when I bookmarked it fresh, got virus warnings. Still able to maneuver throughout the site, but will these glitches ever end?????????????????

I'm not very computer savy, but my gut tells me that the MOA site is infected and no matter what we poor infidels try we are under attack.
Me thinks that the mother ship needs to get into the problem and fix it.

Agreed!!!!!!!!!

What makes me a little nervous is reading posts where a member gets a warning that the site is a threat, but they ignore the warning and and find another way into the site.
If I get a threat warning, I trust my virus protection software and stay off of the infected site.

I have two different virus protections, Norton and MacAfee , if they cannot get around this I think it's bigger than first imagined.

Back