• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Gerbing Customer Support = Black Hole

You're right, Jack...hence the "Gerbings Hat":jose
I'm the Central Region Dealer Rep.

As a member of BMW MOA I was pointed to the forum to address the concerns of the lack of Customer Service. That's changing. Tom's working on it, and it IS changing.

I certainly hope so for everyones concern. Mine was a bad experiance and I am not alone. We would all like to see this company get turned around before it is too late.

Jack

Rather than wait, may I recommend Powerlet's "Rapid Fire" heated gear. I have their jacket liner and remote dual controller. I also have their glove liners; this, after being a Gerbings user for many years. My experience has been very positive. The linerer is less bulky than Gerbings and better made. It provides more freedom of movement under my Revit jacket with its thermal liner replaced with the Powerlet liner; and it provided better, more evenly distributed heat than my Gerbings liners of recent vintage.. The remote controller works flawlessly. It is inconspicuous on my handlebar and makes hook up easy. Not to worry about batteries dying: the battery is in use only for the short time that I make an adjustment to the last setting. It lasts well over a season of a daily 85 miles commute in the NE US. If it were to die, the setting would default to 30% power; not warm enough for a long ride in 10 degree weather, but warm enough for anything in the 30's and up or for a short ride to buy two AA batteries.
The glove liners are thin enough to wear inside my Lee Paks Gloves and require far less power to heat my hands in the worst conditions than my Gerbings g3 gloves. Because the Gerbings gloves alone are easier to put on than the Powerlet liner under the Lee Parks, I often just go to the Gerbings. On my way to the NY Motorcycle show two days ago, my left glove stopped heating ( less than one season on it). Gerbings was an exhibitor at the show. I asked if they would swap out the glove there under the lifetime guarantee. No, I was told. Mail the glove to Gerbings- my expense- and they will send me a replacement in 3-4 weeks. REALLY! 3-4 weeks. Good thing I have my Powerlet liners. So, by lifetime guarantee, I guess they mean it will be a lifetime before they will honor it.
By contrast, a Powerlet to cig lighter adaptor that I had as part of a Powerlet outlet to USB outlet for charging my cell phone in an emergency broke. I called Powerlet and they overnighted the part and also another USB adaptor no charge- no need to return the broken part- shipping on them. I couldn't be happier with my Powerlet heated gear. If Gerbings ever gets its act together again, I will be hard pressed to return to them as a customer.
Ps. I bought two riding buddies Powerlet remote controllers as Christmas gifts; one commutes further than than me with Gerbings liners top and bottom and Gerbings gloves. The other has Gerbings pants, jacket and gloves and also commutes daily by bike. The Powerlet gear is fully compatible with Getbings. They both have given up their Gerbings wired controllers for the remote and love its ease of use.

I recently switched as well. Couldn't be happier. I continue to pull for an American manufacturer, but ........

Ordered my Medium Vest August 29. It came today. What Black Hole? :scratch

Five months to receive an order is a long time. I would not have had the patience.

Is the Jacket made in the USA?

I believe the controllers will still be made in China as told to me by Tom Nolan. I wish they were made in the USA also.

I hope your new Jacket and controller work fine. Mine had issues.

Jack

Rather than wait, may I recommend Powerlet's "Rapid Fire" heated gear. .................................

Yup

My recent model Gerbings is giving up the ghost and IÔÇÖm going to switch to Powerlet.

I just had a USB adaptor from Powerlet fail and I sent them an email late one night. I received an email back within an hour of their opening the next day. They placed a replacement in the mail that day along with a couple other small bits I had been looking for. No charge for any of it. CanÔÇÖt beat that.

Plus one here for Powerlet also!! I went to the Chicago bike show. Both Gerbings and Powerlet were there. The Gerbing folks,although they did make a sale with a Y splitter.Didn't really seemed to care about sales and being very helpful. this was at 4pm on Friday no less... The Powerlet folks on the other hand,were super nice and friendly as always. I bought the glove liners and they work perfect with the microwire jacket liner I have from Gerbings.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Perry

Plus one here for Powerlet also!! I went to the Chicago bike show. Both Gerbings and Powerlet were there. The Gerbing folks,although they did make a sale with a Y splitter.Didn't really seemed to care about sales and being very helpful. this was at 4pm on Friday no less... The Powerlet folks on the other hand,were super nice and friendly as always. I bought the glove liners and they work perfect with the microwire jacket liner I have from Gerbings.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Perry

Sorry that happened, Perry. Don't remember seeing you there, but happy you were able to get what you needed.

I recently replaced my gerbings with powerlet.
The powerlet is very well made, as was my original gerbings.

+1 I switched to Powerlet a few years ago, I like the build quality of their jackets and controllers better then Gerbings especially their latest offerings.

Back