• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

1998 R1100R system case size? Help!

rdhudson

RD'nNH&AZ
R1100R system case size? Help!

I am away from home which is NH and am about to buy a tent and some other camping equipment I'll need to fit into the system cases later on my bike. The problem is I need to know the maximum length a straight item will fit in the side cases. I'm thinking of ten- 1/4 inch tent poles bungeed together. All they have to do is fit for length and allow the bag to close. I'll pack stuff all around them. Anyone have these cases handy who could open one and give me a measurement? Both cases should be the same (I have one narrow and one wide one-high muffler.) I am guessing 19 inches? Thanks.
Ralph

Update: I have searched the forums and advrider etc and this question has been asked before but no answer has ever been given as far as I can tell. I guess those of us who have asked this question have you all stumped. I have to be in Phoenix next week so I'll stop at Victory BMW and look for a case like mine and take my ruler.

Last edited:
Measured it

I did get to Victory BMW in Chandler AZ today and they had a used bike with the system cases. The answer is 19 inches would probably go if the package was very small but 18 is safe for the set of tent pegs.
Thanks to all who looked at this and I hope it helps others who have asked this question before.
BTW I got the answer over in OilHeads and posted a list of items in my camping kit that all fits in the system cases!
Ralph

Last edited:
Back