• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Copy and Paste

lee

Debbie's Servant
When using Internet Explorer on another VB site I can copy and paste pictures.
I have never been able to use that function on this site and figured it was because of the old version of VB.
Now with the upgrade to the latest version of VB I see I still can not copy and paste and have to use img tags.
Is the copy and paste function disabled for some reason?
I do realize I have to copy the picture from a photo sharing site or copy from the internet.

I've never heard of the feature you mention on any website that I visit. On this site it has always been IMG tags or paste the URL for the image.

I've never heard of the feature you mention on any website that I visit. On this site it has always been IMG tags or paste the URL for the image.

It's really handy and fast. Works on I-BMW and ADVrider. I-BMW uses VB version 3.5.4
It works with Internet Explorer but not Google Crome.

When using Internet Explorer on another VB site I can copy and paste pictures.
I have never been able to use that function on this site and figured it was because of the old version of VB.
Now with the upgrade to the latest version of VB I see I still can not copy and paste and have to use img tags.
Is the copy and paste function disabled for some reason?
I do realize I have to copy the picture from a photo sharing site or copy from the internet.
If you go into the "reply/editor" mode, I think you can do the full copy and paste. If you get a chance Lee, give it a whirl and see if I understood your question correctly and it worked out. Thanks, Gary
ps. I don't think if it's an attached image you can move that without saving it to your own computer and re-posting. An attached image sorta stays with the original poster.

I don't think if it's an attached image you can move that without saving it to your own computer and re-posting. An attached image sorta stays with the original poster.

That's correct.

I tried to copy and paste a picture when I replied and also tried edit and did not have any luck.
I'll play with it more later.

If you get a chance Lee, give it a whirl and see if I understood your question correctly and it worked out. .

Basically it's the same as copying a file from one folder on your computer and then pasting the file into another folder.

You find your picture in a photo sharing site or a picture on the web, right click on the picture and select "copy"
Go you your post and left click where you want the picture, then right click and select "paste"
This is using a Windows computer and Internet Explorer.

Lee -

I've done some looking and don't see anything that describes the feature you mention. Everything must be done by uploading either from your computer or from a URL. I'm probably missing something, but direct cut-n-pasting doesn't seem to be a feature that I'm aware of. Not to say it isn't there, but it's not very obvious to me.

Lee -

I've done some looking and don't see anything that describes the feature you mention. Everything must be done by uploading either from your computer or from a URL. I'm probably missing something, but direct cut-n-pasting doesn't seem to be a feature that I'm aware of. Not to say it isn't there, but it's not very obvious to me.

I looked at the VB forum, did a search, and did not see this feature mentioned. I'll check with one of the admins on I-BMW and see if this feature had to be added. If it's an easy add on, I'll let you know. Keep in mind with Christmas I may not get an answer for a few days.

Copying the properties and adding img tags is not a big deal, but you just can't beat copy and paste :)

Back