• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

handlebar risers for new K1600GTL?

tvgal2000

I love to lurk!
Just got the go-ahead from the wife on getting a new GTL!! Yeah!

However, since my arms are shorter than most men's (because I'm a woman), I'm looking at adding handlebar risers to bring back the bars about an inch or so. My Google searches have been fruitless and I've been manually searching websites with no luck.

Anyone know if there's a company producing handlebar risers for the GTL?

Thanks in advance!

Risers

Check out the k1600 forum and do a search . Someone is lending their bike to a company for dr lopment of a riser kit. It is a recent post. Sorry I don't remember more.
Good luck Tom

I'm the one loaning my bike to Heli-bars for the development of their Horizon bars. I'll get the bike back in late February or early March. I've got no idea how long it will take to have the bars into production. I'll ask when I drop it off and post back.

Thanks drtryan! I've looked in lots of forums, tons of websites, tracked down various ideas from friends to no avail... so I really appreciate your info! I'll look forward to learning more!
Happy New Year!!

Does anyone know anything about Heli-bars risers? Or any other brand? I'm still looking for risers for the K1600GTL that will be in my garage soon!!

Does anyone know anything about Heli-bars risers? Or any other brand? I'm still looking for risers for the K1600GTL that will be in my garage soon!!

I just started a new thread about them this morning. They sent me an email yesterday (3/5/2013) saying my bike is done and that they will be shipping these by 4/27/2013. I've got some photos in the other thread and the amount of adjustability...

Back