• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Getting Virus Blocked messages again!!!!

AVG just started telling me Black hole virus blocked ??? Are we in trouble again???

Yeah, I got them as well this morning on my work computer!
Hi guys, everything I see tells me we are OK. If you can clear your browser history, you can probably take care of the warnings- or it least lets you know if the threat is current.
A more advanced way is to actually go into your AV program logs and look at the timeline.
Thanks, Gary

Frankly, I'm not sure how to interpret these things or understand what is going on the big old Internet. I can sort of see that once a site gets a reputation for having a problem, if the problem actually goes away, what does it take for all these sites to get the all clear? Do they do this clearance all on their own? Does someone have to notify them that everything is OK? What's in it for the website "trustedsource"? I notice on that website, you're supposed to submit information about why you might disagree with the reputation. How many people have done that?

As I said, I don't really know how all that stuff works. I don't have any warnings or pop ups when I visit the site. I think everything's fine. I suspect the "real" world hasn't caught up yet. :dunno

Run utilities

Kurt,
All of my false warnings disappeared after I ran Advanced Systems Care. It is a free utility; but running the utilities that come with windows will likely do the same thing.

Flushing your cache may help

Try flushing the cache and/or temporary files. Your machine may still have references to the old site's pages.

Their are a number of service providers like McAfee and Barracuda, they sell web filtering appliances to businesses. Those businesses funnel all web traffic thru those appliances for threat detection. They will block sites listed as threats.
Trusted source.org is mcafees database of threats. this forum is listed in there as a threat.
So anyone using mcafee products will get warned or blocked depending on configuration.

In my experience, they will eventually get around to retesting the threat but it can take weeks.

However the sys admins can contact them and request to be tested and removed.

This forum was cleared at mcafee this morning between 7 and 10pm.

Woohoo!

Here is what I get when I click on "THE CLUB" on the home page copy below sent to Vince,,,

The AVG Detection doesn't pop up when I go to the site and doesn't come
up if surfing around.. But if on the Home page and double click on "The
Club" on the top banner line Then and only then does it pop up it says it
detected and removed successfully a virus.

Name: Expoit Blackhole Exploit Kit Dectection (type 1965)

Object name: help.nyavaniholdings.co.za/simple/other-needing-tomorrow.php

[/SIZE]

Here is what I get when I click on "THE CLUB" on the home page copy below sent to Vince,,,

Currently, when I do that, I get an address that is invalid...it doesn't take me anywhere. Apparently, Vince must be dealing with it.

I see that the URL is "http:///ad-api.XXXX.flu.cc/kal/index.php?out=1353665139" (I've inserted the XXXX to keep the URL from working.)

Back