• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

First post - new member from NC

Hi, I'm Oz. I live in Chapel Hill, NC.

My current ride is a 2007 BMW K1200R Sport.

I recently made the switch from a '02 Road King police version (FLHPI). The Harley gave me years of trouble free riding, but I missed riding a sport bike. I had a Ducati Monster before the Harley. Now that I have a few months of saddle time on the BMW I couldn't be happier with it. It's everything I ever wanted in a bike.

Like many of you on this forum, I love everything about motorcycles. I'm looking forward to being part of the MOA Forum community and making some new friends who share my enthusiasm.

2007_K1200RS.jpg

Three BMW resources in the area.
Capitol BMW. Jon is a walking encyclopedia of knowledge. I find them a little pricey, but customer service is excellent and they are a dealer, so I get most stuff done there.

Bombars Beemers in Durham. Peter is very knowledgable, and helpful. A good source for a less expensive independent shop. I have not had any work done there but would if needed. Especially on older out of warranty bikes. I have friends who frequent them with no complaints.

Carolina Euro in Greensboro. Jason is a character, but is passionate about bikes, honest and fair. I bought a used RT from him, and would give him my maintenance business if he was closer. The last time I checked their hourly rate was lower and maintenance in general was 10-15% lower.

Not sure when your inspection is due, but Team Powersports in garner usually offers free inspections in February. A good deal, it gets me into their shop, I spend money on other stuff, they give me an inspection. Win/win.

Three BMW resources in the area.
Capitol BMW. Jon is a walking encyclopedia of knowledge. I find them a little pricey, but customer service is excellent and they are a dealer, so I get most stuff done there.

Bombars Beemers in Durham. Peter is very knowledgable, and helpful. A good source for a less expensive independent shop. I have not had any work done there but would if needed. Especially on older out of warranty bikes. I have friends who frequent them with no complaints.

Carolina Euro in Greensboro. Jason is a character, but is passionate about bikes, honest and fair. I bought a used RT from him, and would give him my maintenance business if he was closer. The last time I checked their hourly rate was lower and maintenance in general was 10-15% lower.

Not sure when your inspection is due, but Team Powersports in garner usually offers free inspections in February. A good deal, it gets me into their shop, I spend money on other stuff, they give me an inspection. Win/win.

Thanks Lynn. Yes, Jon is a knowledge warehouse!

Yesterday he almost got me in trouble with my wife! I was trying to decide between a 30 liter and a 55 liter tailbag. Jon said "Go with the smaller bag. The large bag will affect the handling over 120 MPH." I laughed and gave him a nod to the wife and replied "I don't usually ride that fast!" He laughed and said "Ops! I didn't mean to get you in trouble!"

I was also looking over trickle chargers and he immediately gave me the rundown on the Optimate 4 and all it's advantages.

I bought my K1200R Sport at Capital BMW in September. They're good people.

Welcme aboard. I m just north of the state line off I 85. Was in Raleigh last night but did it in the car. Hope to meet and ride sometime.

I really like seeing you and your bike at Biker's Breakfast! The folks just congregate around your bike and you are a great "salesman" for BMW bikes. I think some of those folks are being tempted to get a fast Beemer. We have a reasonable number of BMW's at the Breakfast, but we could use a lot more there.

I really like seeing you and your bike at Biker's Breakfast! The folks just congregate around your bike and you are a great "salesman" for BMW bikes. I think some of those folks are being tempted to get a fast Beemer. We have a reasonable number of BMW's at the Breakfast, but we could use a lot more there.

Hey RevWillie! Thanks! It's always great to see you at the Carolina Brewery Biker's Breakfast! And, now it's excellent to run into you on-line!

The bike seems to draw folks who like horsepower!

You're right, there's a nice BMW Sunday morning turnout. It's like a Beemer church! But I like that there's lots of other interesting bikes and some wonderful old models too.

See you next Sunday!

Welcome Oz. Great looking bike that seems to be moving just sitting still. Or perhaps it just wants to go fast. :laugh

Glad to have you here. NC is full of so many good roads and variety of scenery the we flatlander's here in flyover country can only drool over.

Looking forward to seeing more of your posts.

BTW Many Beemer owners either own or have owned HD's so you are in good company here.

Hope to see you on the road.:wave

Welcome Oz. Great looking bike that seems to be moving just sitting still. Or perhaps it just wants to go fast. :laugh

Glad to have you here. NC is full of so many good roads and variety of scenery the we flatlander's here in flyover country can only drool over.

Looking forward to seeing more of your posts.

BTW Many Beemer owners either own or have owned HD's so you are in good company here.

Hope to see you on the road.:wave

Hi Bud, thanks for the warm welcome.

Nc!

I just relocated to WA from Charlotte. Bought my GS at Capitol BMW. There's some good riders in your area, and the Sandblast Rally is coming up in Cheraw, SC if you like to watch racing.

WELCOME!

Back