Thread: 2010 R1200RT Rear/Side Panel and Luggage Rack Removal? Removing Rear ESA shock.

Grampa Tumbleweed

2010 R1200RT Rear/Side Panel and Luggage Rack Removal? Removing Rear ESA shock.

I removed 4 screws each side, (three on side, one on bottom). Not intuitive what next. Looked through the DIY files and they only cover the tupperware on front 2/3 of bike. Anyone had this area apart? These are the panels the saddle bag mounts are mounted on.

2010 R1200RT Rear/Side Panel and Luggage Rack Removal? Removing Rear ESA shock

If you go on the Wunderlich website and navigate to the side case protection bars you can download a PDF with info to install them. It may give you some help with removing the side panels.

Dan
    R1200RT
    Ventura, CA

Grampa Tumbleweed
    Quote Originally Posted by Danclower View Post
    If you go on the Wunderlich website and navigate to the side case protection bars you can download a PDF with info to install them. It may give you some help with removing the side panels.

Dan
    R1200RT
    Ventura, CA
    Thanks, Dan. On further investigation, I found a screw hidden behind each passenger grab rail. Two more were in the tail section. You have to hold your tongue just right to see them.

pchrt
    Yup you found the beasts... I tore my ESA off a year ago and sent them in to get them upgraded. The bike was naked as they come with everything off. Those hidden ones fooled me to for a while. While the front is somewhat of an easier access there are still a few tricks to that bugga too.

GL on your project!