• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Flea Market no access?

Yes, the Flea Market is currently not available. The FM has always been a special add-on to the VBulletin package, so the upgrade has left it off. We're discussing ways of incorporating the FM maybe within the forum itself, but with restricted access. So, we're thinking about it but haven't implemented anything just yet.

Miss the Market

I love the Flea Market and recently bought an MOA member's motorcycle listed exclusively in the Flea Market. It's also fun to brouse. Please bring it back....

Yes, the Flea Market is currently not available. The FM has always been a special add-on to the VBulletin package, so the upgrade has left it off. We're discussing ways of incorporating the FM maybe within the forum itself, but with restricted access. So, we're thinking about it but haven't implemented anything just yet.

I guess I don't understand. advrider runs an older version of v-bulletin with no hacking issues and has a nice member only flea market. I don't see a reason for a separate flea market add-on, a restricted section of the forum is what most other forums use and works fine.

k12lts -

All I know is that the Flea Market has always been a separate package every since I've been on this forum. I don't recall the rationale behind that, but that has been the norm to this point. It may not be going forward.

k12lts -

All I know is that the Flea Market has always been a separate package every since I've been on this forum. I don't recall the rationale behind that, but that has been the norm to this point. It may not be going forward.

I appreciate all the work done by volunteer moderators and administrators on the fourm, I consider the forum and the flea market a very valuable benefit of my membership.

I see no reason to try to get an add-on package to work when a member only flea market could be easily set up in the existing forums right away. I probably spend as much time browsing the flea market as I do in the other forums. The print classifieds in the ON are an idea that has out-lived it's usefullness. I want to see what I guy has for sale today, not an ad he sent in six weeks ago. That page space could be used for something else.

k12lts -

I think the big hurdle is getting all of the existing information from the Flea Market in a format suitable for the forum. It's all about databases...right now they're not compatible. I've asked the builder of the old Flea Market to provide some ideas/direction for doing that. I would like to maintain the old categories - bikes, accessories, gear - and have a single post for each ad. Then there's the issues with pictures that were included.

So, there are some issues that need to be solved.

I can't speak for everyone but I wouldn't have a problem with just nuking the old ads and starting fresh in the new format. If an item hasn't sold in a week the ad needs bumped anyway, just re-submit to the new forum.

I can't speak for everyone but I wouldn't have a problem with just nuking the old ads and starting fresh in the new format. If an item hasn't sold in a week the ad needs bumped anyway, just re-submit to the new forum.

Push the button man! Nuke it!

Missing links

The little bitty home icon in the upper left corner of the forum will not get me back to the home page. The contact BMWMOA.org at the bottom will. Harold in Kansas

Probably should have thought about it BEFORE the upgrade!:scratch

Probably should have thought about it BEFORE the upgrade!:scratch

Well, the priority was to make the upgrade. Worrying about the Flea Market would have been the tail wagging the dog! I have something going that might bring the Flea Market back to about an 80-90% level...but it's still a work in progress.

Flea Market

I miss it too. Sure no one would have a problem to start all over with posting new ads if an item has not sold. Just get er done I mean back.

Cheers!

Back