• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Can't seem to get my ABS to shut off on my GS

selyab

Can anyone explain the sequence for turning off the ABS on my 2011 GSA? I hit the ABS button until I see the ABS icon and I seem to remember something about having to apply both brakes before it turns off but no matter what sequence I try the rear wheel releases rather than locks up when I try to see if the ABS did turn off.

If you deactivate the ABS, the function is initially disabled for the front wheel only. If you subsequently apply the brakes by pulling only the handbrake lever, the Integral function ensures that the rear wheel is also braked and ABS control remains active for the rear wheel. ABS control for the rear wheel is not deactivated
until you depress the footbrake lever.

Are you testing using the rear brake only?

Here is what I am seeing.

I cycle the abs button until I get the abs icon to display. I have a dirt driveway and when I try to lock up the rear wheel only, the abs continues to release the rear brake rather than allow it to lock up.:scratch

The book states this:

Response with ABS deactivated

If you deactivate the ABS, the function is initially disabled for the front wheel only. If you subsequently apply the brakes by pulling only the handbrake lever, the Integral function ensures that the rear wheel is also braked and ABS control remains active for the rear wheel. ABS control for the rear wheel is not deactivated until you depress the footbrake lever.​

Sounds like you've found the book to be incorrect. Wouldn't be the first time.

Back