• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Is THIS "Retro" enough for ya?

Referring to the bike in the original post, it doesn't seem that far from this to me
attachment.php

less practical air filtration and a USD fork instead of the telelever combined with an odd tire size combo.

Seems you could build a GS (non-A) with spoke wheels from the GSA and R Classic bodywork and you'd be at the modern classic people are asking for without the smaller front wheel and inner tubes from the R1200R Classic. The only thing you'd probably need to tool up is a new front fender for the front and maybe a rounder tank. Add some pinstripes and you'd have a R1200 that you could just leave all the extra letters off of.

The exhaust looks like a styling exercise because the headers are *way* different lengths. Sort of a BMW Speed Triple look.

They could be equal length depending on aht is going on behind the seat.

Yes... there's a second exhaust outlet, and the two look like they're connected by some sort of collector.

From what I've seen and read about these bikes, it appears you'll be able to mix 'n match various things on the bike to customize. It would not surprise me at all if you could do this on-line and then have the bike built the way you spec. Which would be cool.

There is a 90th anniversary bike coming in the next couple of months. It could very well be the first in a line of bikes like these.

Ian

Add another "poser machine" ,aka another ruined MC to the list. Should sell well with the pseudo/macho crowd running around in poser army hats & poser boots & poser shirts,etc.. Yeh, I agree 1,000,000 % that its got "Arnold S." written all over it! Is he not the "supremo poser" of all time? Or maybe we should mention Rambo as our macho biker candidate for that machine?:fight
P.S. Yes, it's true what you heard about my not being cool with chopping vintage machines, so @ least in this case it's more recent & therefore reproducible & thus a "do a mfg/dealer a favor bike" for sure.

Back