• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Rush

Never thought I would see the day! They have been snubbed for sooooo long! Have been a fan since 1978!

Took my 29 year old son to Toronto to see them last year, for his Birthday. Great show

This makes me feel old, as did reading the other day that the average age of the Rolling Stones is greater than the average age of the Supreme Court. I think I more or less stopped following R&R with the Eagles.

I saw Rush on their Snakes and Arrows tour a couple of years ago. It was a fantastic concert. They can still bring it.

Yes, they definitely deserve the R&R Hall of Fame.

I love Rush... always have... since their first LP came out when I was a teenager.

The Rock n Roll HOF is a joke, however..

Donna Summer? Really?

I've not really been a Rush "fan" but there is little doubt that they are, and always have been, really a great band. Seriously good musicians. Add the fact that Neil Pert is a SERIOUS rider -and BMW fanatic- what's not to like about that?

Congrats on the addition- never hurts to have a little rock and roll in the Rock & Roll Hall of fame.

Oh, and in spite of any disparaging comments on the place- if you are near Cleveland, just GO THERE! No matter the BS, it IS worth the time. Plan half a day to go thru everything- it's exhaustive. I was a skeptic but after having done it, I'll advocate.

If you haven't read Neil Peart's(Rush drummer) several books-he is a great writer in addition to being "one of us". Not my kind of music but great reads.

If you haven't read Neil Peart's(Rush drummer) several books-he is a great writer in addition to being "one of us". Not my kind of music but great reads.

+1 - and when I read about roads and places he went and I had been I realized a lot of times I looked, but did not really see...

Congrats to the band. Rush has come back on my radar as of late... I had drifted from the camp in the early 80's but kept a spot for them because of their musicianship. My son pointed out they keep getting mentions in the seriously crude cartoon "Archer" and VH1 Classics ran the rock-doc "Beyond The Lighted Stage" last weekend... which, of course, I made my son watch with me. lol Nice segment about the "Ghost Rider" years included in the doc.

Rock on!

I love Rush... always have... since their first LP came out when I was a teenager.

The Rock n Roll HOF is a joke, however..

Donna Summer? Really?

In the early days, Rush used APSI mixing consoles - I built them. I also mixed live sound for Donna Summer a couple of times. You may not like her music, but she was every bit a class act, strikingly beautiful in person, and had a great live band.

In the early days, Rush used APSI mixing consoles - I built them. I also mixed live sound for Donna Summer a couple of times. You may not like her music, but she was every bit a class act, strikingly beautiful in person, and had a great live band.

Not to endorse the disco era... but the death of disco did put a lot of good bass players out of work.

For those that didn't like disco (I was in college at the time and hated it), find some songs that Donna did that were NOT disco. She was an amazing talent.

Back