• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

question from an r12r owner about the rt

f14rio

how much tupperware can you remove and still drive the bike?
anybody got a picture of a so configured rt ?

probably a dumb question...i've asked dumber ones.
thx
ed

Tupperware not needed to operate bike. You can remove all of it. Control positions, switches, etc all unaffected. You can pull the seats too if you can ride it standing.

I just rode a K-GT sans tupperware to a dealership for a recall item (suspension link).
Looks a little odd but works fine.

I've had all of the Tupperware surrounding the engine off and have ridden the bike. It works well but is not very pretty. I'm not sure where you are going with the question...

Joel

Yes, but....

The Maximum Improbability Drive is left exposed. You really don't want to get THOSE splines rusty.

You can ride a RT without an tupperware at all, but you won't be picking up any hotties with it. Ask a GS rider....... :stick

:bolt

BMWs are a left brained thing, which explains why guys are more attracted. They are built for function first. HDs are the opposite. I also believe girls like the v-twin vibe when they ride. Just saying.

Yeah, those "girls" are also worse drivers, and we have certainly got to protect them the kind of physical exertion they would get by playing sports....have I been magically transported back to the fifties?

Yeah, those "girls" are also worse drivers, and we have certainly got to protect them the kind of physical exertion they would get by playing sports....have I been magically transported back to the fifties?

I've heard from more than one woman that she liked the vibes on a HD. As far as sports or driving, YMMV. On the other hand, traditional BMW bikes aren't particularly attractive. Kind of like Helga the german gymnast that doubles on the shotput. HDs though, never seem to go out of style. My guess is that BMW is chosen by more pragmatic types, 50's or not.

I say BMW certainly follows the paradigm: 'FORM follows FUNCTION', HD on the other hand, IMO, way too many examples of FORM over FUNCTION. (yes, I know, per Willie G.: ''Both answer to emotion''... PLEEZE!)

(Perfect example, they thought the ABS sensor ring wasn't pretty, so they use an FAR inferior internal system -much less sensitive-in the bearing hub just so they could "hide it"... D'OH!

I agee with what's been said. I will usually take the RT for a test spin after any major mechanical work BEFORE I put the tupperware back on. It's easier to hear, see, or feel if anything is amiss without the plastic and you don't have to take it off again if something isn't right.

I remember the fifties

But seriously would you let your sister ride one, BMW that is

Back