• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

11th Annual BMW Campout, Somerset Pa, June 2013

pre registrations and DOOR prize have begun to arrive.

Hope to see you all at the campout.

jason

11th Annual BMW Riders Campout

Somerset, Pa
June 14, 15, 16, 2013

11th Annual Laurel Highlands BMW Riders Campout
FatherÔÇÖs Day Weekend. Bring Dad, bring the kids!

We return to Pioneer Park Campground located in south central Pennsylvania. Pioneer Park is a terrific full-service camping resort with excellent showers and facilities, minutes away from the Pa. Turnpike Exit #10, Somerset, Pa. or the Donegal exit #9.

Directions: From Somerset, Rt. 31 W. 7 miles to campground.
From Donegal, Rt. 31 E 12 miles.

Admission is just $45.00 for the full weekend ($40 if pre-registered) and includes, two nights camping, three meals, loads of door prizes, self-guided ride info and 11th Annual rally pin for the first 100 pre registrants.

Somerset is home to the new National Park at the Flight 93 crash site. Frank Lloyd WrightÔÇÖs masterpiece Fallingwater is 40 minutes away. You are only 30 minutes from Historic Johnstown Pa, and its Flood Museum and National Park. There is great riding in any direction with many self-guided tours available.

Friday evening enjoy Gourmet Dump Stew (bring a can or 2 to add to the pot), hotdogs & snacks till their gone. Morning Coffee & tea.
Saturday Catered dinner with Chicken & Beef, tons of door prizes.
Hearty send-off breakfast Sunday morning!

Pavilion, picnic tables, hot showers, campfires allowed-wood provided! Motels & Restaurants nearby. Sat. night campground band!

Discount for one night, not camping or 16 or younger.
Downloadable pre registration form:

http://www.thevuelta.com/CampoutRegistration2013.pdf

Info: George Blackham IV, gjbiv1stsgtusmc@yahoo.com
or Jason Kaplitz; gsjay@kaplitz.com (814) 535-8669
Pre-registration appreciated- Send check/name/ contact info to:
LHBMWR C/O 840 Basin Dr. Windber Pa. 15963

communications at campout

In case you care.....................

there is both AT&T & Verizon cell service at the campground.

And they do have wi fi at the office/store & pool areas.

See you soon, Don't forget a can for the dump stew.

jason

Good times / great memories

Hey Jason,

I may be heading up for the afternoon with some 4 Winders.....

I can't make it up for the weekend as I now have a beyond full time position with the local symphony hall.

Have a great weekend,

Tom Furey aka Hi Viz Guy

Weather is looking good!!!

I just saw the weather for next weekend in the Laurel Highlands and it looks like it will be nice for the 11th annual campout. Highs in the mid !!!!70's and lows in the 50's - Great camping weather! Come on out and enjoy!!!:dance

There is a neat event at the Indiana County Airport the weekend of our campout.

http://jimmystewartairport.com/

We will have a suggested route mapped out for any that would like to ride over to Indiana.

http://visitindianacountypa.org/

It will be a nice ride for sure.

Jason

Here is a suggested route to the Indiana Airport. Even if you don't go to the Airport I guarantee you'll like this route. Appox 150 miles. Anyone out there able to put this into GPS format and share?

Jimmy Stewart Airport ? Indiana, Pa.

Somerset to Indiana:
Rt. 31 West to Rt. 381
Rt. 381 north to Rt. 30
Possible side trip into Ligonier at Rt. 711, and their Country Market
Rt. 30 west to Rt. 259
Rt. 259 North to Rt. 56
Rt. 56 West to Rt. 119
Rt. 119 north to Rt. 286
Rt. 286 north to Airport Exit

Return to Somerset:
Rt. 286 North to Rt. 403
A Possible lunch stop in Clymer, Pa. at Luigi?s Restaurant at the Light on the right.
Rt. 403 south to and through Johnstown and on to Rt. 30
At Rt. 30 a possible side trip, East just a few miles to the Flight 93 National Memorial
Rt. 30 West to Rt. 281 South
Rt. 281 South to Somerset
Rt. 31 West to Pioneer Park

Pics from areas nearby in previous years. Great local roads in general and places to explore on your GS. This will be my 3rd year going - always a good time.

Mark Sliwa
Ligonier, PA
'81 R80G/S

I believe Mark is planning on a street/trail ride Saturday during the campout if anyone wants to ride along.

He'll be there with his PD. Can't miss it.

Weather forecast is GREAT.

jason

Another great rally weekend

I had a great time again at the Laurel Highlands Rally. Weather was great. The fried chicken at "Our Son's Family Restaurant" in Johnstown was delicious. And no rally has a better attendance/door prize winner ratio.....

Great Rally

Posted in Ride reports as well.. Wife and I had a great time hanging out. Nice ride home today went through the Flight 93 memorial, and then up 160N Was nice.

Thanks again for the excellent hospitality.

Back