• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

post a pic of your scooter

My 15th bike err maxi scooter

Just took delivery of a 2013, unfortunately the engine case had a porous housing, but fortunately for BMW's steller customer service they shipped me a new 2014 to replace it. :german

Attachments

• BMW 2013 C650GT.jpg
    BMW 2013 C650GT.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 305
Hello everyone my name is Sean and live in the Atlanta metro area. I have been riding for 30+ years on many different bikes. I got the 650GT this year in February 2017 and broke in the engine during the spring, the photo is from last weeks 790 mile 3 day weekend ride. Just love this machine, and planning on many more!!

1574962.jpg

My 2013 C650GT

I went to the trade show in Toronto last February looking for the best bike for me. After looking at, and sitting on hundreds of bikes, I knew I was still
into scooters, and trading up from my 300 I was ready to go with a 650. The BMW C650GT had the best reviews I could find anywhere and I spent most
of the winter researching them all. It is also the most powerful scooter available in Canada with the best ratings. I knew if I wanted a scooter, this would
be the best bike. The Toronto dealership had this one sitting there for almost three years. The story is, some wealthy gentleman walked in and purchased the
bike but never came to pick it up. Finally after a few years he simply told them to trade it in on something else. So this poor lonely dejected bike sat there
for three years on the showroom floor with a "sold" sign in it but no owner to claim it.
I found the bike and loved it right away, and loved the price since at this point it was considered a "used" vehicle even though it only had 50km on it.
We made fast friends and have been bonded ever since. Since late May/early June I have put almost 7500km on it already driving to the east coast and
back, as well as all over midwestern Ontario. It has been a fantastic bike and has performed reliably. Which is a good thing since the dealer charges $368 just
to change the oil. I can't complain though, as I went to 6 local bike shops and every one of them refused to touch it because of it's advanced engineering. Even one
bike shop run by an ex-BMW technician. He said he didn't have the special tools for these C-series machines.
So easy to control, and powerful enough to deliver when you need it.
At this point I don't know if I'll ever feel the urge to get a larger bike. I'm pretty happy on this one right now. At the most, when the time comes I have the urge to
get a new bike, I am strongly leaning toward trading it in on a newer model.
20170922_174716.jpg

Givi cases

Where can I get those side cases?

The cases are not the issue, they are Givi E22N which can be found on-line. The issue is finding either the Givi PL5106 or the Kappa KL5106 tubular side case holder. I believe that both were discontinued. I found mine from a dealer in Canada. There still may be limited stock out there. Good luck! Adding these side cases and the Givi top box, now I really have lots of storage!

My new C Evolution

Taking delivery on Thursday 6/28/18! Purchased to a certain extent on impulse while visiting Los Angeles. I traded in my '13 C650 GT back in 2016 when I bought my R1200GSA and have really missed having a scooter for commuting, errands, and quick evening cruises.

Courtney in Seattle

Attachments

• My new C Evo Long Beach BMW.jpg
    My new C Evo Long Beach BMW.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 181
Taking delivery on Thursday 6/28/18! Purchased to a certain extent on impulse while visiting Los Angeles. I traded in my '13 C650 GT back in 2016 when I bought my R1200GSA and have really missed having a scooter for commuting, errands, and quick evening cruises.

Courtney in Seattle

Is that the new 400 model? We can't even get BMW scooters in Ontario this year. None of the dealers are carrying them.

Mine’s a little sportier, ported, polished and case matched with a 70 kit. It will cruise at 80 km/h:dance
photo-S.jpg

Back