Thread: Sport trip to WV

Sport trip to WV

I just finished a 2200 mile trip on my Sport to West Virginia from the Boston area. Had a great time and found West Virginia a great place to ride. Stayed in Elkins and did loops out from there. I found that no matter what direction I went, there were curves galore,ample scenery, and friendly people. My only complaint, not enough "scenic overlooks" to take pictures from. The bike ran great, the only problem, a headlight bulb out.

Nice, we were there at the beginning of last week. WV is a beautiful state to ride for sure. We stayed at Babcock State Park, down by the New River Gorge. Other than being wet the whole time, we had a great trip too!

WV camping

Quote Originally Posted by eaglechance View Post
    Nice, we were there at the beginning of last week. WV is a beautiful state to ride for sure. We stayed at Babcock State Park, down by the New River Gorge. Other than being wet the whole time, we had a great trip too!
    I like to camp, but, when the rain starts, I prefer indoor camping at a nice motel. When I was a kid and a boy scout, I thought camping in the rain just added to the adventure. Now, I feel that making and breaking camp just takes away from valuable riding time.