Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: Who is out there

  1. #1
    Jeff Wilson life member 43362's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Richmond Hill Ontario Canada
    Posts
    185

    Who is out there

    I was curious as to who visits the scooter forum actually owns a BMW scooter
    So this an opportunity to check in
    Let's us know what model, color and year

    That's it

    I have a platinum bronze 2013 GT
    Last edited by 43362; 12-25-2015 at 04:26 PM.
    Jeff
    A bad day on the C650 GT scooter is better than the best day at work

  2. #2

    I have a 2013 c650gt red vermillion metallic with 6400 miles

    l have 2013 c650gt red vermillion red metallic with 6400 miles so far so good purchased new February. 2013

  3. #3
    Cage Rattler wezul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Glen Ellyn, IL
    Posts
    3,774
    Quote Originally Posted by 43362 View Post
    I was curious as to who visits the scooter forum actually owns a scooter
    So this an opportunity to check in
    Let's us know what model, color and year

    That's it

    I have a platinum bronze 2013 GT
    Yup, same as yours

  4. #4
    Registered User mylanc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Cape Elizabeth, ME
    Posts
    51
    My wife and I, in addition to our two 2012 650 GS's, have a Piaggio MP3 400 -- great urban scoot! While you see them a lot in Europe, there aren't that many here in the States. Yet it performs well, is stable over challenging urban terrain because of its two front wheels, and has cavernous storage. It's a head turner!
    2012 F650GS

  5. #5
    Dom mordom@me.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Sarasota, FL & NYC
    Posts
    5
    I have a black and silver 2013 BMW C650GT That I keep in NYC plus a 2013 Aprilia Mana 850GT ABS and a 2007 Suzuki Burgman 650 Exec. that are based in Sarasota, FL. Love them all. But, if had to choose only one to keep, the C650GT would stay.
    Last edited by mordom@me.com; 12-25-2015 at 03:55 PM.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    socal
    Posts
    624
    We have a early 2013 red GT along with a 2015 RT
    Scooter doesn't get ridden enough😓

  7. #7

    I gotta Havana

    I've had my Havana colored C650GT since January 2014 (having totaled my first one after 6 months with 11,970 miles on it). Just did the 42K mile service - frankly a little scared of the 48K service given the ungodly cost at 24K. But I have to say I love that bike - I work from home so the vast bulk of the 2K miles/month I put on it are on weekends in the desert and canyon roads all around Southern California. I also have a Vespa 300GTS - it's great in its own way as well (particularly when I go to lunch locally and don't care to horse around a 600 pound beast) but on weekends taking the 650 200-300+ miles each day is just for fun.

    I also did the Ironbutt 1000 on it in May of 2014, and will tell you that 2 of the 4 other "real" motorcycle riders told me at the end - "when you first pulled up on a scooter I thought you were joking, but now I want to buy one".

    So while it's pricey as hell (and I'm having some stalling issues, noted in another thread here) I still love the damned thing!

  8. #8
    Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Mansfield,MA
    Posts
    10,208
    Quote Originally Posted by bobfately View Post
    I've had my Havana colored C650GT since January 2014 (having totaled my first one after 6 months with 11,970 miles on it). Just did the 42K mile service - frankly a little scared of the 48K service given the ungodly cost at 24K. But I have to say I love that bike - I work from home so the vast bulk of the 2K miles/month I put on it are on weekends in the desert and canyon roads all around Southern California. I also have a Vespa 300GTS - it's great in its own way as well (particularly when I go to lunch locally and don't care to horse around a 600 pound beast) but on weekends taking the 650 200-300+ miles each day is just for fun.

    I also did the Ironbutt 1000 on it in May of 2014, and will tell you that 2 of the 4 other "real" motorcycle riders told me at the end - "when you first pulled up on a scooter I thought you were joking, but now I want to buy one".

    So while it's pricey as hell (and I'm having some stalling issues, noted in another thread here) I still love the damned thing!
    Always nice to hear a happy report
    Gary
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by 43362 View Post
    I was curious as to who visits the scooter forum actually owns a BMW scooter
    So this an opportunity to check in
    Let's us know what model, color and year

    That's it

    I have a platinum bronze 2013 GT
    Recently purchased a 2013 C650 GT, in blackstorm metallic from the BMW dealer here in Oregon. Prior to that had a Suzuki Burgman 400. BIG difference between the two scooters.

  10. #10
    Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Mansfield,MA
    Posts
    10,208
    Quote Originally Posted by jetblack528 View Post
    Recently purchased a 2013 C650 GT, in blackstorm metallic from the BMW dealer here in Oregon. Prior to that had a Suzuki Burgman 400. BIG difference between the two scooters.
    Welcome to the forum!
    That's an interesting comment on the different bikes- actually something I had wondered about
    Gary
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    socal
    Posts
    624
    My wife has a 2013 red C650, all the bells and whistles including sat radio, needs to be ridden more
    I ride my 15 RT every chance I get

  12. #12

    Who's out there

    Second season for me on a 2014 650GT Love it.

  13. #13
    Scooter Whisperer
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Boca Raton Florida
    Posts
    62
    Riding the platinum bronze 2013 GT as my commuter. Over 21K miles. I am also a sick scooterhead with something like 10 other scooters. 2013 Genuine Blur 220i, 2006 Genuine Buddy 125 kitted to 161, 67 Vespa GT kitted to 225cc, 64 Vespa GS MKII, 68 Vespa SS180 79 Vespa P200 kitted to 210cc, 65 Lambretta TV175...and a few others!

    I am a scooterhead and I am the Dude!
    2013 C650GT
    1964 Vespa GS, 1968 Vespa SS 180, 1964 Vespa GL, 1967 Vespa GT

  14. #14
    Registered User bryang5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Montville NJ, Wells VT
    Posts
    6
    I bought black 2013 GT from Bergen Harley BMW back in November 2012. I was one of the first ones to get it. Love it and have over 21,000 miles on it. Although other motorcyle I own are compeiting for my attention, the GT is a blast to ride.

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Sugar Grove, IL
    Posts
    4

    Who's Out There

    Just purchased a like new 2014 C650GT, gray

    Quote Originally Posted by 43362 View Post
    I was curious as to who visits the scooter forum actually owns a BMW scooter
    So this an opportunity to check in
    Let's us know what model, color and year

    That's it

    I have a platinum bronze 2013 GT

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •