• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Riding AZ in (Feb.)Winter:)

Polarbear

Polarbear
We took a trip(Feb.'08) to TucsonAZ to see our Daughter at the UofAZ and the GSA1200 was new, less than 1000m on it and a "camping", twoup ride to break it in. Offroad too. Its 5 years ago now, but good pics:). High desert, snow and the GCanyon. The early days for this GSA in the family. Still going strong today:). Randy:thumb

GCanyon in snow dusting;

The rim gets it every year. Sometimes quite deep around the rim areas.

Attachments

• Getting to Tucson 083.jpg
    Getting to Tucson 083.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 97
More;

Find this place and explore alone for dozens of miles offroad. The GSA was new, no tag:) Park Ranger asked! :scratch

Attachments

• Tombstone and beyond 030.jpg
    Tombstone and beyond 030.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 97
What else?

Lets see! Same trip, Lake IsabellaCA.. The boat was abandoned, keel sitting in rocky bottom! You can ride the shore for miles here, camp too:). Gini is taking shot, as we are twoup camping enroute to Tucson. Its a rocky, bumpy shoreline, high desert, very rough. RBear

Attachments

• Getting to Tucson 010.jpg
    Getting to Tucson 010.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 97
A Friend joins me for dindin, Death Valley camp.

Sat down for dinner in Panamint Valley, nice camp with showers, but had dark critters wanting food! I like cats, so he was welcome. :thumb

Attachments

• Getting to Tucson 021.jpg
    Getting to Tucson 021.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 97
It was Feb. and chilly;

Dressing down was really not too comfy, so keeping gear on for dinner was good idea. Cat had it figured out, with his Winter coat.

Attachments

• Getting to Tucson 019.jpg
    Getting to Tucson 019.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 97
Last,not least;

Death Valley near Badwater, heading South for AZ and beyond. A nice trip that year, loving the new GSA:) Randy:thumb

Attachments

• Getting to Tucson 069.jpg
    Getting to Tucson 069.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 97
Lake Gaston, small world:)

I grew up in VA and we spent Summers on the lakes, for years and years. Know your area from my youth to mid 20s. Coming home for Chrismas in VA Beach, where my oldest Daughter lives. Navy:). Randy:thumb

I grew up in VA and we spent Summers on the lakes, for years and years. Know your area from my youth to mid 20s. Coming home for Chrismas in VA Beach, where my oldest Daughter lives. Navy:). Randy:thumb

Good to hear from you. Since you know the area somewhat... I live on Great Creek in Mecklenburg County VA. I grew up on the far western end of Buggs Island / Kerr Lake, up stream from Clarksville VA. Plan a summer visit sometime and come back for a visit. A little boat ride always does the soul good. I ll supply the boat.

Back