• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

auxiliary lights?

GPS connector for camera power?

As others said, tying the trigger to the canbus is no problem. This is where I tied mine, to the GPS canbus connector under the tank cover. This connector is easy to get to, just on top of the battery. The only down side is, the lights will stay on for about a minute after the bike is shut off. This is due to the canbus time-out. Never gave me any concern though.

Wayne

Wayne this sounds like a great tap in for any USB accessory (camera, phone, GPS) that I was looking for since the ST doesn't have a accessory plug up near the dash of this bike. I only see the hot connection. Did you ground the - somewhere else then? Is that blue Positap small enough gauge for those tiny wires? I was going to use the red one (20-22 gauge) instead of that one (14-16 gauge)

Thanks for a great photo too. Picture is worth 1,000 words!:thumb

Conspicuity lighting

Suggestions please for some auxiliary lights for the F800ST? I am interested in being more visible to other drivers, not seeing further at night, if that makes a difference in your suggestions.

SKENE DESIGN conspicuity lighting front and rear on my 2013 F800GT since 2014..... will soon install same on my '83 R100RS
we need all the help we can muster to wake up the numb**** out there texting and yakking on their latest electronic toys....
I was hit twice from behind (on a bike) before deciding to increase the visibility level. A noticable improvement ensued....
Ron
:ca

Back