• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Gas without alcohol

nxidis

Found a local station the sells gas without alcohol and the R1100RS seems to like it. I was surprised that it also seems to make the fuel gauge work a bit smoother. It used to appear to stick at one level then jump lower, now it just works it's way down the bars. My guess is that the sensor mechanism is lubricated by the fuel and it doesn't find alcohol quite as slippery as petroleum products. Or, I could be a crazy old guy just imagining things....

Found a local station the sells gas without alcohol and the R1100RS seems to like it. I was surprised that it also seems to make the fuel gauge work a bit smoother. It used to appear to stick at one level then jump lower, now it just works it's way down the bars. My guess is that the sensor mechanism is lubricated by the fuel and it doesn't find alcohol quite as slippery as petroleum products. Or, I could be a crazy old guy just imagining things....

Your probably just a crazy old guy........like me!:D

Running better on real gas makes total sense. It has higher BTU rating and provides more power and mileage.

The gas guage? I doubt changing fuels would affect it.

Back