• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Vintage looking tires for /5

I know this will irritate the performance folks, but can some of you post some pics with the Metzlers, Contis, Dunlops, or Heidenaus on your Slash Fives?

So you're saying that they haven't improved the tires since 1970? I find that hard to believe. I don't have anything to offer up as I haven't run the Conti twins since I first got my /7. I am running a set of Continental 3.25x19 on my R25/2...no speed demon for sure but they work fine.

I will venture out on that proverbial limb with this: for a bias ply tire that very little changed about the materials used(rubber compounds-sidewall & tread& interliner- ,wire & fabrics,assy.) & they are very likely built on the same machine by the same people as before-unless they retired-and far more likely to be Asian built than years ago.

those Conti RB2s and K112s were crappy handling tires when they were first produced,they will have only gotten even worse in comparison to current tire technology.

He is not looking for performance, he specifically stated he wants tires that LOOK ORIGINAL. That would be NONE of the current performance types.

The Conti Twins perform just fine indeed on the early Airheads. They were designed by Conti at the request and per specs provided by BMW specifically for the /5/6 machines.

Back