• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Saw a cool old truck on today's ride...

Yikes! All of a sudden, Church of the Open Road posts seem to not like the Internet Explorer search engine but will respond to Firefox, Chrome (not commonly found on BMWs) and Safari. My IT department is looking into a fix... Wait! I'm my IT department. :scratch Sorry for the inconvenience.

Now you're talking! While I'm here for the bikes, vintage GMCs are my primary interest. In fact, I have a website and forum dedicated to them!

Here's a partial fleet photo of my other addiction:
KookFleet.jpg
I have thinned the herd a bit and now am working on a '39 GMC pickup. I did a
Boston to San Francisco Cannonball run in my '51 in '07:

I'm still getting out on RT each month and keeping true to the Credo of us "Rounders". Google had this site blocked for a time so I have only recently returned after the issues have seemingly been resolved.

Growing up my Dad was a GMC dealer and this experience cured me of any interest in old iron.

Still, for others it's an admirable hobby and yours look great.

I do monitor the 6066 forum covering the V6s but that's about it.

It all ended in 1967-8 when they became just special-badged chevies, no more different suspensions or engines. We'd sometimes get Chevy horn buttons from factory, etc. This made me not a fan of the mouse motor, as they're not truck engines for sure. But then, our first "rat" (454) came with an unfinished cylinder. The 366 rat (only ever in trucks) was a good one. We had a Toro Flow do 400K (and I don't recall how much more) without overhaul.

Back