Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Best TB sync tool?

Quote Originally Posted by twinsig View Post
    So, to be clear, even restricting the vac guages won't reduce needle movement to acceptable levels?
    I used to have a tech day at our house every spring. Lots of folks wanted to synchronize carbs or throttle bodies. I used to play a game. I would synch things by ear first, and then attach either my mercury sticks or Twinmax and see how close I got. I occasionally had to readjust the synch at idle but seldom readjusted the synch on the cables.

I am fairly confident I can synch by ear a lot better than I could trying to use two vacuum guages. There are just too many better devices for balance: Carb Stix, Twinmax, Carbtune, Harmonizer, etc.

If I had a use for a vacuum guage for other uses, I'd just get one. They are fairly cheap.

http://www.amazon.com/Actron-CP7802-...ds=vacuum+gage
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

I have done the vacuum gauge thing. It does not work well for me. I used "snubbers" to keep the needles from wiggling so fast I could not see them. Then what I was reading was the average vacuum compared to zero or the atmosphere.

When I had everything matched to watch the 4 gauges all read together was satisfying. This is different, only two cylinders.

With any of the other gauges you are only comparing one side to the other. Much easier. I think more accurate.

I just use a 6' stick and 20' of clear line with ATF in the U. It works on all my 2 cylinder bikes.

David

Lot's of high-tech stuff here.
    I'm still using my home made manometer with ATF in it.
    Seems to work quite well.
    Maybe I'm just cheap.
    No. Frugal. That's what it is; frugality. Sounds much better and is more easily defended.
    '08 BMW R1200RT
    '75 Red R75/6
    '08 Suzuki DL650 "Screaming Yellow Zonker"
    Looking for Ed Sanders' Truck Stop.

Convincing arguments, thanks everyone for the schooling...
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch
    Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote

Harmonizer

Ordered on Sunday evening, received today - Wednesday.
    Gear Up and Ride Safe
    Jim Rogers
    2010 R12GSA aka Heidi
    Yorktown, Va