• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

R 1100/1150 RS Windshield.

Or check ebay. there was one on there last week.
There is also a way to have them notify you of one which comes online by email.

Ken

Just for reference, here is what I have tried on my 94 RS:
1. Stock, noisy, poor visibility through it if you have to.
2. Stock with Saeng edging. No better and looked for crap.
3.. Stock cut top lip off. Slightly better.
4. Stock, cut down to "just" cover the gauges. Looks cool, is much quieter, but bugs splattering all over me gets old real quick.
5. Aeroflo, not bad, quiter than stock, better looking, but still a lot of turbulence
6. Luftmiester, same as Aeroflo
7. Parabellum, 6" taller and wider. Didn't like the "4x8 sheet" look so I cut it a bit more tapered to the top. Better than 5 and 6, but still a lot of turbulence.
8. Added a MRA adjustable wing at the top of 7. Better, still turbulent.
9. Cee Bailey, 6" taller than stock, nice curved shape, looks good all the way down, effective when all the way up. Least turbulent of any other and quietest.

I for one, would not buy a used stock windshield. Buy the Cee Bailey, it makes the bike MUCH more pleasant. By the way, I'm 5'-6" tall, stock seat height on the RS, middle position.

I should probably post this in my own windshield thread, but here goes anyway. I've only owned my RS since September. Honestly, I haven't had a lot of time to experiment with the stock windshield. I do know that when I had it cranked up, it caused a fair amount of turbulence at the height of my helmet.

Since I rode the bikes over to my daughter's last night to be stored for the next 3 months or so, I cranked the shield down. Turbulence was pretty much gone, so I'm thinking the air was now hitting me in the chest. I only rode 3 1/2 miles, and probably didn't exceed 60 MPH. But the difference was obvious.

While at one point I was almost certain that I'd be replacing the stock, I think that I may experiment a bit more in the spring before buying anything.

For the record, I'm 6'2", and seat is set at its highest to lessen the knee bend.

As always, good info, Andy!

Back