• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

R 1200 RT "Low" Model?

R

RETPD2001

I did a search first but did not find anything. I am about to pull the trigger on a new R 1200 RT. My local dealer has a slightly used "Low" model. One salesman told me it was for shorter people (I am 6'1"), another told me that was not correct. Any opinions out there? I could not find any info on this model on the BMW website. Thanks in advance, Glenn

You're likely too tall for a low model

I would agree, except if you have a long inseam, meaning from where the sun don't shine to the bottom of your feet. I am 6'0" and I removed a low custom seat and went back to a standard seat for the 2009 R12RT. Like to have my legs resting comfortably on the pegs and not up around my chin if you get my drift?

Last edited:
Gotcha, took a ride and sat on one, got a cramp in about 30 seconds, thanks for the replies......

Back