• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New Farkles 2008 R1200R

hexkopf

American Mutt
All,

In an attempt to extend the comfort range and the potential riding season of the R1200R, I fitted some new farkles to my bike which include Wunderlich hand guards, a 22'' wind screen for the Parebellum Scout fairing, MRA X bolt on wind deflector, and a Sargent premium foam conversion.

I thought I would share for those of you considering the same additions and wanted to see them fitted to the bike. Enjoy.

http://s1241.beta.photobucket.com/user/pizzmor/library/New Farkles

:german

A job very well done in that it's functional, sleek and simple.

I usually don't comment on how individuals farkle their rides, as I appraise motorcycles professionally and I can honestly say I've seen a number of god awful machines that in the eyes of the owners is is the best thing since sliced bread. To others, Good Lord!

Thanks guys. I think its hard getting the R12R to a point where it makes a comfortable/competent tourer without making it look like a disaster, but I am amazed what you can do to this bike to get it to fit your needs. I took it out for an hour ride in low 50's yesterday and the additions worked amazingly well to keep me comfy. Also anyone considering the Sargent foam conversion, do it. Such a difference over stock in looks, feel, and comfort.

I just wish a company made a more modern looking fairing than the Parabellum. I like it, but it doesn't quite fit the bike in some way that I can't quite put my finger on. Now for some bar ends and I think I'm done...;)

Yup standard height. Sargent uses the BMW seat pan only and recovers it and uses new foam.

No that is the MRA X-creen Add-On Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade from Twisted Throttle. The Wunderlich was only 9" wide as opposed to the 15" width of the MRA model (same price BTW). I had a chance to run the bike at "highway speed" yesterday and it worked very well to stop the helmet buffet. Even with the tallest screen available from Parabellum, the 22", I still had some issues.

Now I think I have my bike in the sweet spot. After riding it yesterday and being able to enjoy the sounds of the bike while riding instead of wind noise...well it was like falling in love all over again. Just a great machine all around. :clap

Back