• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

GS Adventure Tank Bag Installation

JochenWoern

I purchased the following Tankbag on eBay, which I received today You can see it on the attached thread, half way down):

http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?t=64556

Ok, in the front it has a hook, in the back it has a zipper as well as velcro and a patch with self adhesive tape.

Now please forgive my ignorance, but coming off of an RT, the tankbag situation on the GSA does have me slightly puzzled. (so much easier and much more thought through then on the GSA in my mind).
Here is HOW I would mount it, but would like some input if this is correct:

- The hook in the front will hook under the VIN # plate on the front fork below the handle bars.

- The self adhesive tape does get taped on to the bottom of the tank where the seat meets the tank and then the bag does get removed via the zipper.

Do I have that CORRECT?

Now one last question:
- While fueling, does one remove the zipper and fold the bag forward, or does one try to grab the hook in the front , "un-hook" it and then move the bag backwards towards the seat? Which is the better/easier method?

Any help would be greatly appreciayed, MANY THANKS in advance.

Now one last question:
- While fueling, does one remove the zipper and fold the bag forward, or does one try to grab the hook in the front , "un-hook" it and then move the bag backwards towards the seat? Which is the better/easier method?

The better/easier one is the one that's less hassle for you.

I have an R1100RS Multivario on my R12R, and it mounts similarly, although the front hook your bag has is replaced by a loop of webbing around the steering head, fastened to the front corners of the Multi with Fastex buckles. I find it far easier to open the buckles and fold the bag back over the seat, than to open the zipper and then re-zip it. Besides, with the zipper open, the bag doesn't hold itself far enough forward to allow easy access to the filler.

Tank bag

What works for me is, I take it all the way off and let it hang by the hook off of either the brake or clutch levers.
I don't carry a lot of weight in the bag.
Hope this helps.

Back