• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Garmin MicroSD Card

88bmwjeff

SF Bay Area
Those with a Garmin, I have question. On Garmin's website, they indicate a MicroSD card with adaptor. If you need to add a MicroSD card, do you have to purchase it through Garmin? Or, can you purchase an MicroSD card from the local electronic store.

edit: FYI, this is for a Nuvi 1390 in my car.

Thanks

I bought some 4gb cards for digital cameras at school and had an extra. I put the extra into my 60csx and it works fine. SD is SD.

Some older Garmins do not accept microSD"HC" cards. "HC" (high capacity) cards start at 4GB up to 32GB.

Try to get a faster/the fastest card with a higher speed class rating. This makes find/search and map repaints faster.

/Guenther

Thanks everyone. I was a bit confused when it said "and adapator." I was wondering what the adaptor could be for, but it sounds like it's no bid deal

I believe the adapter allows the 'micro' to be used as a regular SD. Simply slide the micro into the adapter. This allows interface with most card readers.

I believe the adapter allows the 'micro' to be used as a regular SD. Simply slide the micro into the adapter. This allows interface with most card readers.

Also allows you to transfer information (routes, music,favorites) between GPSs that use standard SD cards (Zumo 450, 550, etc.) and GPSs that use Micro SD cards (Zumo 660, 665, etc). My suggestion is to always buy a Micro SD card with adapter REGARDLESS of what your GPS uses. That way you can always share and receive info from other sources regardless of card size.

:dance:dance:dance

Back