• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Tire Pumps?

Imagine the chagrin of pumping-up your newly plugged tire only to find the bike won't start because the battery is flat. :blush

Murphy's Law?

p

Best rest products Cycle pump, not cheap but works,
For the lower priced ones you usually get what you pay for
If your worried about battery, run the bike at fast idle:usa

Dozens upon dozens of times:)

Riding offorad, one gets the use of a pump, maybe more often than many road only bikes. I have never had a battery fail, due to pump use, even numerous times a day, engine off. GSs since 1982:). I have an old electric pump given me as a gift soooooo many years ago I forgot what year and the brand name is ???. Its been used 100s of times through 30+years and continues to live in my GSA saddlebag. I did buy a Slime pump 2 years ago, as my old faithful cigarette plug insert failed on the road. The Slime pump could take lessons from the oldie, but still got r done. I think the pistons in these tiny pumps are plastic or more probable nylon made and therefore, the time frame limit of 5 or 8 minutes, due to heat and you know, self destructo. I HAD TO GO LOOK:). "Interdynamics", is the brand name on the old compressor I speak of in my saddlebag. Its truely an incredible little unit and to 200PSI it says. I also looked where made and nowhere on the housing anywhere, so maybe USA made? Decades old now, still strong and more tidy(less space) than the new Slime's. A gift I have gotten so much use of through the years:). BTW, I rebuilt the plug to get maybe a dozen more years out of this little guy. Randy:usa

Anybody have any recommendations on tire pumps. Is it best to carry a manual pump in the saddle bag?

Yes and yes.

The award winning Power Pump by Crank Bothers. A whole 5.6 inches compact, dual high pressure or high volume, simple and bullet proof construction.

Power%20Pump.jpg

And well under $20. :thumb

Back